Velodyne Digital Drive Series subwoofer in stereo

Hi, I've been very interested in running two subwoofers in stereo (diff. signals to each subwoofer); I've heard many people swear by this setup.

My next room for my system will be 14' x 14' x 18' high ceiling loft living room. My question is, will two DD10 be enough to fill the room with organ music and scare me out of my seat for movie tracks? Should I move up to two DD12s? Money is not really an issue, but I'd like to save wherever I can.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
spacekadet
Dear Truthseeker: +++++ " This whole stereo sub thing is nonsense. Hardly any info there. Hardly heard. " +++++

I think that you have a misunderstood of what happen in a real stereo subs integration to any audio system:

First, we choose the crossover frecuency ( say, 80Hz ) in the high/low pass filters. What this means?
That the main speakers will handle frecuencies over 80Hz and that the subs handle below 80Hz.
Normally, the self electronic subs crossover is a second order design ( 12db per octave ), this means that the subwoofers will work with frecuencies as high like 200Hz and now in the whole subs frecuency range will be stereo information.

Second, the subs reproduce not only the fundamental frecuency but their harmonics too where we can heard the left right info.

Third,it is not totally true that the CD recordings has only mono low bass. One of the CD advantages is that there is no problems for to record left/right low bass frecuencies ( in the LP is different ) and that's what the CD industry is doing: taking advantage of the CD medium.

Fourth, when you attend to a classical music performance you can heard bass sound coming from the left /right side of the hall, example: bass drum to the left and double bass at the right and this is exactly what we heard/feel when we have two subs in a stereo way at home.

Dear friend, I respect your opinion and that was mine.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I listen to a lot of electronica and there is def info at or below 80 hz in stereo,even panned from left to right,,so i can see where running 2 subs in stereo would be a good thing,,one day i would love to try it!using just one sub drove me crazy!I decided not to use a sub again untill i can do it in stereo! Just my opinion of course.
Truthseeker. Did you read this AA thread? There is only one other misguided person that agrees with you compared to the hundreds of others whom are actually correct about the 2 sub deal. I suggest you quietly walk away from this one.