power cables where do I start?

I want to see what a power cable(s) can do for my modest system.

I just dont know where to start as a brand or component.

Suggestions please.

Will look for used. Will be budget minded. 

Current system:
Rouge 99 preamp
Odyssey Stratos mono amps
Vandersteen 2ce with vander subs
Rega cd and Rega Dac
Rega RP1
Hero interconnects
mswobo
As I stated in the other thread, if you don't want to slog through it I just got a Furutech cord made for me by VH Audio. Furutech FP-S032N cable terminated with F-11 gold plated connectors for $402 burned in and shipped. It sounds outstanding Chris a pleasure to deal with, I can't recommend his company enough. Lots of different mix-n-match options available as well.
I used signal cable magic power on all my sources including preamp. Great price for a great power cable. Didn’t like it on my amp. 

Straight Wire is a sonic match for Rogue Audio and your Rega cd player.

Happy Listening!

Digital can often make the biggest difference .
it is your main source all signals start there .you can enhance or mask the signal depending all on cables. And as I have been doing a lot of experimenting with power supplies in digital ,external 
a simple switch mode supply ,not good ,to a very elaborate Linear 
power supply that have regulators,chokes and 4 pole capacitors 
like from a Mojo Audio. We are talking up to a 20% increase in fidelity. I was given a challenge from Verastarr Audio ,usethere Copper foil awg9 power cord if it does not make a substantial improvement in fidelity within 30 days ,send back for a full refund .
he stated do Digital first . Then preamp . I took the challenge 
I now have 2. High quality is not cheap but as good or better then a component upgrade.