Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
Much Thanks! milpai

yes, the SA-10 interests me for being a straight up CD/SACD player.
I have a dedicated video player. Happy Listening!
Agreed calvinj

I did not find the Oppo 105D musical. Transparent yes.
Happy Listening!
TY- for the update jonasandezekiel
take your time as there are a plethora of spinners in the marketplace.
Keep auditioning and writing.
Happy Listening!
I am considering purchase of UDP-205, do not have it yet, this will be strictly for SACD playback in two channel stereo mode using players RCA analog outputs, it will not for conventional CD's as I have a good CD player.
I have one question for those who are familiar with this player, I spent a good deal of time reading the on line owners manual where it states that for stereo the player downmixes multi channel layer, not a good idea. Is there a way to program the player to read the hi-rez stereo layer of SACD rather than down mix the MC?
Dumb question, but I am confused, I would not touch UDP-205 if it only down mixes the multi channel layer of SACD for stereo playback. 
As far is I know, it functions like any other multi format/channel player--like my marantz UD7007. It allows me to adjust, on the fly, to either the multi channel or stereo layer. It will also keep the last choice you made as your default choice. If the last layer you listened to was stereo, than it will default to that the next time you play any disc. There is also a downmix option in the menu, but I don't enable that function. 

I would imagine the Oppo functions in much the same way. It certainly depends on whether our not the disc has more than one layer-stereo, multi, or cd.