Rythmik subwoofer

I am new to this forum and looking for opinions on moderate priced subwoofers to pair with Magnepan 1.6 speakers. I am presently testing Rythmik L12 (entry level) subs. These are servo subs and sell for $535 each. Does anyone have experience with Rythmik? Also considering SVS subs. Priorities are sound, price, size and looks ( need to keep wife happy).
 Thanks 
elf1
elf1
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately REL is cost prohibitive. Hope you enjoy them.
I had an L12. It was defective, so I returned it for a refund. Went to a JL Audio e110, and it's far superior to the Rhythmik. Just my $0.02.
At it's price, the e110 SHOULD be better than Rythmik's entry level sub! That's like comparing a Toyota Corolla to a BMW 3-series.
Thanks for all the comments, I certainly appreciate the opinions. I have no doubt the sub brands mentioned are very good. How good is the question? Since I have budget constraints I need to go with best-bang-for the buck.  Will the Boom Boom sound of the JL e110 sound three times better the the Rythmik? I guess I will have to drive my Toyota for awhile longer.
 Thanks again.
Check out HSU research. Internet direct sales, NOT cost prohibitive, well made, quite acclaimed, integrate very well with my horn loaded Klipsch palladium, seamlessly in fact.