Anyone hear Robert Plant's new release, Carry Fire?

I really like the music but the engineering sounds really strange to me. Anyone else feel the same? Perhaps it is just my system but I really don't like the engineering by Tim Oliver.
128x128falconquest
I own the lp. I understand what you're saying about the engineering. Overall, I don't think it's a bad sounding record..it's not devoid of all sense of space or depth. I agree with MF on the rating of 8/8. I do think I like his last lp slightly better.

Man, what is with Daniel Lanois? The productions of his sound like they were done at the bottom of an empty well. I hate what he did to Dylan on Time Out Of Mind. Did his success influence the sound engineers now try to get?

pops, I really like T-Bone's production, especially musically. His Truth Decay album (Takoma Records---be sure and get the LP mastered and pressed by Chrysalis Records. The mastering engineer who did the Allegiance Records version unknowingly cut off everything after the "false" ending in "Driving Wheel"!---the coolest song on the album, a Rockabilly) is really, really good. Not much of a singer, but a master of the song.

tbone's (self titled) record, "t-bone burnett," recorded live in the studio, is one of the best-sounding records i've heard. as for daniel lanois, i generally agree with bdp--he tends to cover everything with a brooding murk that often ill-suits artists such as dylan. i do really like his emmylou harris and peter gabriel records, however, though he gets big demerits for doing u2.
Ah yeah lj, T-Bone's s/t album on MCA is fantastic both musically and sonically. I used that album as demo material for years. Did you know it's a digital recording? Proves it's possible! His Truth Decay album is great too, but very different musically---more singer/songwriter to the s/t album's Bluegrassiness. The Audiogon dictionary doesn't consider that a word. ;-)
i just loaded up truth decay, which i hadn't heard in ages--vg disc, actually--boomerang and quicksand are great songs. actually my fave tbone is the ep, trap door, which has five excellent originals + a killer cover of "diamonds are a girls best friend. "