Upgrading woofers in a/d/s L2030, need help

Hi folks, I have a pair of a/d/s L2030 speakers which have two 14" woofers in sealed enclosures. I am unaware of how many cu ft each driver is exposed to.
The drivers have a hexagonal shape.

I have owned a pair of infinity irs beta's in the past and loved the bass response. I am driving a bi-amp setup with one adcom 555 for the woofers both sides.

I am not getting enough bass out of the speakers, but I love the mids and highs, so I was thinking of upgrading the drivers.

I would create a plate out of metal to match the hexagonal shape of the original drivers, and then cut out an appropriate mounting circle.
I could get away with 13" or more standard 12" drivers.

As tacky as it seems, I may select a car audio driver that works well with sealed enclosures of various sizes. I had one of the 14" drivers replaced, and when it was out I noticed how puny the magnet was. And how today's voice coil structures and magnets seem infinitly larger.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew
avninja21782
Dear Andrew: I agree with Ed. I'm a proudly owner of a pair L 2030, take a look to " my system ".

+++++ " but I love the mids and highs.. " +++++

These are too one of the reasons " I love " these speakers: nothing that I heard can really beat it at any price.

Feel free to ask any thing about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Andrew: I have to tell you that I own the C2000 ADS dedicated electronic crossover for the L 2030. I'm not using it, if you are interested please let me know.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Hello there,

I have a C2000 already, but if I didn't I would have contacted you immediately. Thank you for your offer though.

Andrew
I own a pair of ADS L2030's and can't imagine someone not getting enough bass out of them. Perhaps you are not using enough current. I use an old SAE P500 which delivers a stable 500 watts per channel. A high current ampifier should really wake those speakers up. Also, about 2-months ago I had to re-glue the surround to the speaker basket. When I removed the woofer (for the 1st time since I have owned them) I noticed that the wire to the drivers was extremely light-weight, no more than an inexpensive bargain quality 16 gauge wire. It mad me laugh. You may want to contact some of the senior engineers at ADS and see if there is a history of anyone ever improving performance by re-wiring. I was thinking about calling myself, but I am so satisfied with my speakers that it became a low priority. One of the electronic reps told me that SAE had upgraded the electronic crossovers after their original lifespan and drastically improved perfomance. I was going to call Karen Metros, the national sales rep and find out the details, but because I never biamp the speakers, it once again became a low priority. I know she has left the company, but someone there must know about this update. Good Luck!