Upgrading woofers in a/d/s L2030, need help

Hi folks, I have a pair of a/d/s L2030 speakers which have two 14" woofers in sealed enclosures. I am unaware of how many cu ft each driver is exposed to.
The drivers have a hexagonal shape.

I have owned a pair of infinity irs beta's in the past and loved the bass response. I am driving a bi-amp setup with one adcom 555 for the woofers both sides.

I am not getting enough bass out of the speakers, but I love the mids and highs, so I was thinking of upgrading the drivers.

I would create a plate out of metal to match the hexagonal shape of the original drivers, and then cut out an appropriate mounting circle.
I could get away with 13" or more standard 12" drivers.

As tacky as it seems, I may select a car audio driver that works well with sealed enclosures of various sizes. I had one of the 14" drivers replaced, and when it was out I noticed how puny the magnet was. And how today's voice coil structures and magnets seem infinitly larger.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Andrew
avninja21782
I concur that placement of L2030's is key. A good deal of experimentation is necessary to get the lows in that sweet spot of your listening room. When placement is right, you should have the perfect amount of bass, tracking nicely with your volume adjustments. I also have a pair of ADS L2030 spkrs, and may consider selling them. I have done 98 (all positive) electronic and speaker transactions on my eBay screen name "mamwholovedwomen", but have yet to do any sales on Audiogon. I've sold L1230's on eBay, as well as a beautiful pair of ADS studio 910's. My 2030's are also nice, and as rare as they're getting to be, I'm expecting they should bring $2000.00. I've never seen any L2030's sell on Audiogon, although occassional 1230 and 1530's pop up pretty often. Pricing help? Thanks.
Sorry, screen name listed in previous post was typo'd...if you have any pricing info I requested and contact me thru my eBay screen name, it's "maNwholovedwomen". Thank you.
Andrew et al:
I have a pair of L1530s and had a similiar problem with lack of bass but it turned out the problem was upstream. My digital source was the culprit. Believe it or not it was a very old fuse in my digital front end. I replaced it with a hi-fi tuning silver star fuse. After this change the speaker's bass felt like an assault. Huge improvement. I also rewired the speakers with Analysis Plus clear oval which improved the overall sound as well.
klccharter
I'm pretty sure Michael Kelly of Aerial Acoustics built the 2030 speakers. I know he was one of the main designers of ADS speakers in the 80s.