Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@tomthiel,

Regarding raising/spiking Thiel speakers.

I’ve generally had the best success in my room with my 3.7s/2.7s (and other speakers) sitting right on the floor, no spikes. (It’s a wood foor covered in a shag carpet).

However, I’ll probably try spikes or footers again at some point and it makes me wonder about raising the coax driver relative to my ear height. Right now I’m in a nice sweet spot but if I raised the speaker on spikes/footers I may change that. Therefore, I’m wondering about compensating for raising the speakers via altering the angle - that is raising the back of the speaker a bit more to tilt it towards me, to maintain a more precise relationship with the drivers.

As Thiel speakers have a precise slope angle for integrating the arrival time of the woofer with the coax, I’m wondering if altering that angle via tilting the speakers a bit forward would be deleterious or not. (Or even change the floor woofer’s intended relationship with floor bounce, or other parameters I’m not thinking of).

What are your thoughts?
I sent Rob @ Thiel a very brief email congratulating him on continuing with the excellent service that he has already demonstrated over the years.  Though my email did not warrant a reply,  Rob did - and quickly.  And I'm not even a customer at this point.

I'm scouring the ads now to "invest" in yet another pair of Thiel.  I j just can't NOT support this guy!
Good to see you- oblgny
Rob sees the bigger picture. He is very easy to reach via phone or email and a class-act. Which model are you scouring?
Happy Listening!