Where do I start-amp or speakers ?

While in the midst of downsizing I sold all my gear: Krell monos, Thiel CS6’s, Thiel 2.4’s, EAD Powermaster 2000, Thiel MCS1, etc.
I am now left with a headphone system based on the entry level Schitt headphone amp, Freya preamp,& a very nice Vinyl NIrvana Thorens 125 turntable,
So how’s that working out for you, you ask? Not so well. I need speakers & amp!
 I went from 2900 sq ft. To 1600 sq ft; a 25x24 room to an 18 x 16 room (high 20-24 ft cathedral ceiling, though, at least.)
I’m now on the way to build a new system , one component at a time; Ceiling is 4K per unit. Every time I see a nice amp, then I see a fine pair of speakers. Back and forth. Do I start with an amp or with speakers? Input, input........
Ag insider logo xs@2xmichaeljbrown
Solve all you issues with a smaller room with the Kii3 speakers.  No need for amp , preamp.  I'm loving mine.

michaeljbrown

see and listen to all of the options out there. Report back as you start this next Audio journey.

Happy Listening!

If you are an audiophile like many of us, you should recognize that this is never ending.  Unless you like to lose a lot of money buying and selling audio gear over the years, you should buy as much as you can, starting with the speakers and working your way back (amp next).  And all along the way, you should assume you will have a bigger room in the future.  For example, I bought the (then new) Martin Logan Renaissance's two years ago and have them in a 15'x15' extra bedroom; along with McIntosh amp/pre-amp.  I have no regrets and am ready for a bigger room, if and when we move.  So I recommend spending as much as you can (more than $4K) on your speakers and when you can...add the next piece.