Melody Gardot, Live in Europe

Because I bought and enjoyed Diana Krall, Live in Paris, thanks to those who shared about it, I took a chance and bought Melody Gardot, Live in Europe. It is a 2-cd set.  Similar music.  Many songs sound just as good on my system as  DK’s cd.  Ms. Gardot has a lovelier voice, in my opinion.  So far, I am through the fist cd.  Very original in places. Slow and sultry in most. But, “The Rain” will give your speakers an 11 minute sonic workout. I highly recommend it.
kumakahn
Oh my. I am listening to the 2nd cd. Even better. “March for Mingus” has piano, base and wind sections that are a blast and make me proud of my little system. Best $20 I have spent in a while. Darker and livelier in places than Krall’s cd. But, in my opinion as good or better.  Music like this is why I have a good stereo and no wife.
“Bad News” is just plain mind-blowing, like a lot of the good parts of a great blues song, a great jazz sound, and a roucas female ballad, all boiling around my living room for 11 minutes. Left me breathless.
+1 on the quality and tonal range of M.Gardot when compared to D.K...If you aren't familiar with M.G.'s personal backstory you should check it out.Absolutely amazing what she has overcome...