Proac D48R

Proac owners, I need advice for a integrated amp for the Proac D48Rs. I listen mostly to classic rock an jazz. My budget is 5k new or used market.
128x128heinrichmilw
@cmach,
One thing I forgot to mention. I know that the vocals (or center image) in my system can be further improved, if I remove the audio cabinet in between the speakers OR lowering the height of the cabinet OR placing the components on the floor. That will be the next step, but not for the immediate future. I will do that in the coming weeks, as and when I find time.
I believe that the speakers are properly "run in". I don't understand why people say ProAcs are musical and not for people who want "pin point imaging". These speakers certainly image awesome in my setup. They are super musical without being a bit analytical. The problem with these speakers is that they reveal shortcoming in the recordings. But on the positive side, it does not kill the musicality of the bad recordings. Only the "quantity" of the musical enjoyment is reduced. These speakers have been keeping me up, late into the night.
yeah, most good speakers will reveal shortcomings in the recordings, just the way it is.  I have had some set ups where I can't even be in the room with these recordings, they are so hard sounding, hot, bright, thin, etc..hurts the ears.  I can listen to them on a boom box, or a car stereo, but not my main system.  With the Proac's you can still enjoy them, just use the right electronics and cable it right and you a good to go with that stuff, relatively speaking of course.
A couple of folks reached out to me and indicated that an active preamp will take my system performance to a much higher level, now that I have the ProAcs. In my system I have adequate bass and sound to the point that I have ordered 2 more tri-traps from GIK to cover the entire front corners, top to bottom.
My question is, what will the active preamps do that the TVCs are not doing? Is bass and loudness of a system not a good measure to judge that your system has enough gain?
I am open to suggestions.