AYON KT-SX Tube quality (failure rate?)

I bought a new/demo ("was only played at CES this Jan 2016...") AYON TRITON III from the US distributer this January.

Within 3 weeks 2 of the 8 KT88-SX tubes either expired or the amp complained about the tube. The vendor said: "90 days on new tubes..." ...which meant I was out of luck given his logic. New tubes cost around $180 or so.

I have either spoken with other Ayon owners on this or other forums, in private (after posting about Ayon) or when seeking to buy these tubes from them.

Guess what?

They have had the same failure rate.

Please weigh in: I am relatively new (1 year) to tube gear and have no idea if I should expect more monthly replacements. (I bought 3 matched quads of new Gold Lion KT88s, but the Ayons sound quite good to me, I just am appalled at the failure rates I experienced or heard about.)
128x128vicweast
What about replacing the Ayon's 6SJ7 tubes with Sylvania 6SJ7GT for a much more musical sound?
I have an Ayon Triton II with very low use.  I noticed recently that I am pushing the volume dial higher and higher to achieve the same volume I am accustomed too.  Furthermore, I have gone full volume on some selections and while the room was filled it was no where near the volume of lower setting when the amp was newer.

I have been in contact with AyonUSA and they are working with me on this, but I suspect the bottom line will be to replace the driver tubes.  I have already replaced the Tungsram 12AU7 ecc82 audio tubes with NOS RCA cleartop 12AU7 ecc82.  The replacement was recommended by  AyonUSA based on a description of the problem.  This change has made a difference in the sound, tight base and a brighter high end which I like, but the volume issues persists.

Next I am about to try a diagnostic reset per AyonUSA, they are still working with me.  I would like to find the root cause before changing the driver tubes (KT88sx), but maybe it is not possible.

I'm wondering what symptoms other Ayon amp owners have had and how have they been resolved.
podsds I have been running my Ayon at least for a few hours several times a week with no issues whatsoever ...after I replaced the stock KT88s. 

Before I replaced the KT88s, I was considering KT150s (I still am). I called AyonUSA and even after a month, I had no conclusive answer from them. I am not impressed with that group in AZ, they retail lots of other brands and appear to be one of only two US Ayon dealers.

I got frustrated with the lack of information from AZ and subsequently I emailed the owner of Ayon in Austria. He checked the serial numbers and got back to me with good news within a day. He also provided me with other illuminating insight, and I resolved to contact them directly and am happy throwing the AZ gang under the proverbial bus when doing so.
vicweast, yeah that's the same group I have been trying to work with as well.  I too asked about the swapping the KT-88 with KT150, but never got a clear answer.

At this point my fear is damage to the amp because of a bad/weak tube.  I have no way of testing that and on this unit I must trust the auto BIAS as I have no way to measure it manually.

Out of curiosity, what set of tubes did you go with and fill me in on the illuminating insight (PM me if necessary)?
I understand your fear, but I think the amp is likely fine. The biasing circuit will complain (rear panel LEDs) and not operate if one of the signal paths is sufficiently out. I would seriously contemplate emailing Ayon in Austria rather than wait on "Paul" in AZ.

I am currently running Genalex Gold Lions and am happy with them in Triode mode — my friend and my wife have better ears, and slightly prefer the Ayon-branded KT88s. I purchased 10 matched tubes 2 years ago in March and for the next month I ran the amp w/music for at least 6 hours a day. It took about 6 weeks before everything seemed to settle down. During that time, I swapped the 2 extra Gold Lions in, and two other tubes out 5 times, the theory being getting all 10 past the initial burn-in. Since then, I have swapped the shelf pair a few times, and now I really can not tell the difference. Each time I swapped tubes, I initiated the Ayon process for automatic tube testing/bias.

Ayon can easily look up your serial number and explain if your amp is able to run KT150s. (Mine was, and I intend to at some point after other projects.) Output power with KT88s is 2 x 100W (pentode), with KT150s 2 x 120W; KT88 2 x 60w (triode), with KT150s 2 x 70w.

I am a computer guy (life-long developer, but I’ve been around the "technology block" a few times, and have had many different roles), hence my interest in how this amplifier cleanly separates the digital power and digital circuit from it’s primary amplification power and circuit. I asked Ayon about this after a personal visual inspection of the inside of the amp (all tubes out and upside down) and got a good perspective of how they achieve this. (I am always impressed by the sheer beauty of 1st class wiring and sophisticated yet elegant circuits.)

Honestly, what I really learned from speaking with the real Ayon folks in Austria was that (this is MY take) Ayon would be better served by a better US distributer. I think it was "Paul" ay USATubeaudio who spins a good tale but offers little information other than "I don’t know yet". I believe that The cable company also is an Ayon rep, but their prices were not as heavily discounted. IWIth a discount, this is a great system. I also got the Ayon CD-07, and yes it is a wonderful sounding piece of gear. I dread the day THAT one develops the inevitable mechanical problems that all cd playbacks do if you use them heavily. This is expensive gear that is very well built, is unbelievably hefty (the amp is a beast to move), and looks great as well! I love it, especially in Triode mode. I am elbows deep into a 1-person sw startup, but after I get my first release out I will see what those KT150s sound like...