How does a Transport effect sound?

hi guys,

Been wondering about this: How does a CD Transport effect sound?  Isn't it just reading the disc and sending the 1s and 0s to the DAC.  Shouldn't every transport sound the same?

Thanks! 
leemaze
audioengr,

Based on the data I have seen ripping thousands of CDs and having DBPoweramp detect and show the errors, I would concur that when errors occur you will hardly ever if ever actually hear them.

However, they may not be as uncommon as some might think.

Also I agree, in reality and for all practical purposes, jitter is a much bigger concern and has stood in the way of good sound with CDs for many for many years. Much better but certainly not extinct these day, at least with cheaper low quality transports. Ripping and streaming is much more reliable. Even good quality and modest cost streamer/DAC combos can deliver very good, detailed, non fatiguing sound.
I would be quite interested in hearing from anyone who uses tweaks when ripping from a CD. You know, colored CDs, colored tray, demagnetization, edge beveling, ionizers, Silver Rainbow Foil, insuring the CD is absolutely level, things of that nature. Anybody? Can you tell I don’t really buy into the whole Read until Perfect thing? Anymore than I buy into the Reed Solomon Error Code thing? Is it just me? The word perfect has been so overused. Ever since the very beginning.
GK,

Scientists care about actual objective data points and analysis.

Audiophiles often care more about totally subjective tweaks.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.   I know there are others out there  who must care.

The title assigned to me by my current employer is "systems engineer".

FWIW.