Elac B6 Modification

I saw ad here at Agon for Elac B6 modifications, this speakers are already amazing, spoke to them, it seems they are nice, anyone here experience the result of the modification, the mod is $295 inluding shipping back to the owner...is it worth the mod? Would you even consider the mod?
128x128jayctoy
Andrew has his pride in the way...
Lets see if the modifier/s can make a speaker from the ground up at a cheaper price, and better than the Elac B6. Simple init?
After all, we all would like to have the performance of a Nissan GT-R for the price of a Nissan Versa.

The only reason to mod a speaker in that price range is if one was interested in doing it themselves. Investment is in time, not dollars. For some that is part of this hobby. 
GR Research (Danny Richies' company) offers speaker kits (which include the drivers, x/o parts, etc. Everything you need but the enclosure, which can be gotten from Parts Express) priced below, at, and above the price of the Elac speakers. Of course, you have to put them together (or have a friend who can solder and assemble a x/o), and you won't know what they sound like, and if you like them, until after you've bought them. Very few normal audiophiles, much less mere music lovers, are gonna do that.
To be honest, I've changed my mind on modding the B6. As my pair breaks in I'm quite happy with it and although I tend to mod just about everything I have in my chain, some things like the B6 which is sleighted to become a classic, deserve being left alone. I did, however, remove the tweeter grill because that tweet is one of the coolest eyeball looking things I've ever seen on a speaker. I might end up going with Mundorf Evo Oil on the tweeter cap (same value) once I've gotten used to the speaker enough to know exactly what the mod did but I really don't feel like there's a whole lot missing from this speaker that wouldn't be better gotten by switching to a completely different speaker up the chain. You can take a Volkswagen bug and hot rod it to hell but somehow the stock bug is such a classic that it's cool just in its original design. A lot of older tube amps like Altecs also retain far more value if they are stock although I'm not claiming that the B6 will ever have that happen. Speakers are probably the one piece of the hifi chain where technology advances at the fastest rate and it's pretty cool to hear speakers getting better all the time while the affordability becomes better for the average guy.