Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy
i have an Atlantic II
gives my $8k Aesthetix Pandora SIG a decent go
for $2k
a steal IMO

I’m jealous. A little familiar with Aesthtix brand. Awesome equipment. Looked at Lampizator site and see Atlantic and Amber II but don’t see an Atlantic II. Did you mean Amber II? Have to ask .....why the need for  2 DACs?
I own the Lampizator Amber II.  It is tubed rectified and also has the super clocks installed.  It is gorgeous sounding and is "far better - different league" than the PS Audio MKII, Auralic Vega and Exogal Comet with external power supply I have owned.  I believe it replaced the Lampizator 4 and Lampizator 5 models.  I have audio friends who own much more expensive DACs from well known high end companies and it does not take a back seat.  As mentioned above no one DAC will please every one. 
Hi Thankful Please educate me. I’m assuming the super clocks were an add-on. Are they supposed to reduce jitter?  Is a person able to hear the difference?  To get the “tubes rectified “, was that also an additional cost?  What does that add-on do?  If/when I order my Amber II I am open to any affordable add-ons that improve sound quality. Do you recall what those 2 add-ons cost?

rockyboy,

The tube rectification and super clocks are add-ons.  When I first purchased the Lampizator I only ordered the tube rectification (based on Fred's recommendation).  Fred also recommended the super clocks but at the time I was not able to afford them.  I recently just had the super clocks installed and I am glad I did.  The Amber II is very musical which is my number one objective with components.  In regards to jitter I believe that is the goal of the clocks...