Aric Audio Systems Unlimited Preamp

They have a tube model called Unlimited that appears to be a decent value for < $800. It is tube rectified and with pair of tube voltage regulators and 12AX7 driver tubes. It even has a phono stage. Anyone is familiar with this preamp?
128x128kalali
While the Transcend and Special SE's have enough guts to drive most speakers (even my older 89 db 1W efficient speakers), I'm still thinking that careful design of a single-chassis push-pull amp that has less to the signal path can be the answer to lower sensitivity speakers. I'm working out a couple of proto-types currently, and so far- the results are very good! I've got a set of KT88's being driven from a LTP 6SN7 with a single 6SN7 gain stage in front of it. Listening has been on-going for about 10 hours now and I'm so far not wanting to change a thing! Best, Aric
Just an update. Further testing of the new push-pull amplifier using some pretty inexpensive Electro-Harmonix KT-88's has been very positive! This new circuit is producing the best of both worlds- the smooth, cohesive realism of a single-ended, and the additional power and "slam factor" of a push pull. Less is more in this design, and I'll be working on the second draft of the prototype next week. 
Aric
Just another follow up: This "less is more" circuit is what I believe if giving me the magic I'm hearing with this new PP design. There are only two coupling capacitors per channel in the entire amplifier- which greatly lessens the chances of "phase" issues in each stage. It also ensures the balance between output tubes will be tighter and they'll operate more cohesively. It's generally thought that Push Pull sound too "clean" or too close to solid state, but that is definitely not the case here. There will be two models listed- the "Transcend" version (which will use very reliable, and excellent "bang for the buck" components), and the "Special" version, which will be a no holds barred version using an exclusive film capacitor power supply, "True Copper" coupling capacitors- and many other upgrades! Stay tuned.
I just happened to stumble upon this thread and thought I would add some color to it, as I am the extremely proud and excited owner of The Motherlode that has been mentioned to date. I originally discovered Aric and Aric Audio on the Tekton Double Impact thread and have posted a few times about Aric and The Motherlode specifically, so in the interest of efficiency, I have copied one of most recent posts.

During the last couple of weeks as I have been thoroughly enjoying the break-in process of Aric Audio’s, The Motherlode, I have had many private inquiries about the piece. I have tried to reply to all of them, but in the interest of efficiency, I have cut and paste my latest response.

Now again, I am far from a reviewer, so you will have to excuse my lack of use of audio superlatives. First and foremost, Aric is fantastic to work with! He could have easily said, "look, I have several preamps in my lineup to select from that I know punch well above their weight", but he didn’t. He was happy to work with me and take his background and knowledge in what works and apply that, coupled with a grade of components that AG member, grannyring had suggested that would rival that of The Dude. I have never even heard The Dude, but I knew that my Pass preamp was not doing it for me. So I have a bout 150 hours on the tubes, Dueland and Jupiter caps, and it sounds nothing short of amazing! Big, expressive, detailed yet rich, huge 3 dimensional soundstage with great separation between instruments, dead silent in all line levels and phono stage. It is by far the best preamp that I have had in my system and listening room, and I have had and borrowed a lot of high end, expensive gear...it just sounds Natural and LIVE! Here is what I would say that best describes my thoughts on what I am hearing from this piece to date(and it is not even close to being broken in yet), if this piece had a $15K price tag on it, I would consider it an audio bargain... And I only paid $4800! I am not a paid spokesperson for Aric Audio, but what he is putting out in terms of tube gear, should have the likes of Audio Research, Ayre, Atma-sphere, and the like, rethinking their approach to the business. I will never again buy from a mass produced company...in fact, Aric is very likely to see more of my audio investment funds in the near future!

Cheers and Happy Listening!

Brian
First, I wanted to say thank you to laaudionut for the kind words and review! Also, for any following this thread, a head's up that the Transcend Push-Pull will be added to the website later next week. The proto-type has been a success and is providing that midrange "meat on the bones" we all love about a SET, and with lots of power and headroom to boot. I received the first order this week and the unit will be getting shipped with JJ Blue Glass KT88's and Tung Sol 6SN7's. Options will be on the amplifier for Triode/Ultra-Linear mode and variable negative feedback. Best wishes, Aric