Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy
ha....
maybe
but carting a dac 1,000 miles between systems just seems like a PITA
and the crux of the problem is system #1 is a killer, so #2 has to sound good, hence the Lampizator

just order a new one

Thankful....I talked to Fred today and he made the same suggestion. Since my budget is tight, he suggested I leave the clocks for a future upgrade. Can you tell me what you heard after getting the super clocks installed?  Was it an  upgrade worth the 500 euros? Thanks. 
I have been getting better bass, a little more information, more control and clarity (fidelity).  I would do it.  The Amber II with the tube rectification and super clocks allows this DAC to compete with much higher costing DACS.  As I stated previously I have friends who own much higher costing DACS from big name manufacturers and my Amber II is just as good.  

My goal down the road is to get into an Atlantic SE or better.  I love the Lampizator's because of their musicality.  I have owned nice DACs but none of them match the musicality of the Lampi's.  
Sounds nice. Appreciate your feedback. Here’s a thought.....there’s a couple Atlantics currently for sale here at very reasonable prices. You buy one and sell me your Amber for $1k. It’s a win - win  for everyone!!! 
Seriously, I plan to approach my wife today about buying an Amber. Keep your fingers crossed. 
My Amber II with tube rectification and super clocks is now on order. I want to thank everyone for their input.