Power Cord

Chord Dave owners...what power cords and interconnect cables are you using?
ricred1
@ricred1

Congratulations, I have a feeling you are going to be pleased with what you hear.

I had all WireWorld cables in my system for about three years. While I believe WireWorld make good to excellent signal and speaker cables (system dependent of course); power cables are not their strength. In fact from my experience I'd say they are a weakness.

Enjoy the new cables and your excellent system.

Cheers,

Scott
Scott,
Thanks! Yes, I've had Wireworld in my system for a year or so and agree that there are better choices for my system. There are just so many options out there, is very hard to find the right cables and power cords in my price range that has synergy. I'm really happy with the new Audioquest power cords.
@stringreen @keithtexas 

Sablon Elite PC compared to off the reel Acrolink and top end factory Acrolink over on What’s Best Forum. Sablon came out considerably better. I’ll try and post a link.

His findings pretty much mirror what I’m finding with the Sablon. They are a lot less expensive than the top end Acrolinks, but still fairly expensive. They make an amazing difference in the system, using them on the Mola Mola Makau at the moment but intend getting more.
Here’s a transcript :

Happy to report that the Reserva elite with the Furutech NCF plug blew my existing power cable away........a long, long way. The existing stock Acrolink cable was connected from the Oyaide wall receptacle to the BIT 16 power conditioner feeding the entire system. While these had the then flagship Oyaide M1/F1 connectors, I must confess, there is no comparison ( probably a wee bit unfair too).

For starters, the noise floor and resolution are in another league. Completely another league. I can clearly hear more separation in instruments and the whole performance is at a different level of energy and propulsion. Then again, the soundstage is substantially wider and taller with a hitherto unseen and unheard image density, consistent in the center and the periphery. The Soundstage is deeper but the gains in width and height are far more substantial.

The energy in the room is at a different level too......alive with unprecedented room fill. The bass is superior in every way - extension, tightness etc.

Next step is to swap my lampi power cord (currently the special edition Acrolink 5500) with time the elite and see the difference. This may be a slightly fairer comparison. And then of course putting the elite against the erstwhile flagship Acrolink 9500on my preamp. I have a feeling, the elite might just edge out even the 9500. So let’s wait and see.

What a nerve racking hobby!

Cheers

Sujay

Anybody in the UK that would like to try, send me a PM to arrange.