GutWire Ultimate Grounding Cable

With the recent reviews, and positive reports from a couple of members here, I decided to take the plunge and order one. 

https://audiobacon.net/2017/12/09/gutwire-perfect-ultimate-ground-cables-review/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/gutwire/1.html

Like others I have been intrigued by the positive reviews for grounding blocks from various companies, but the prices are prohibitive. I decided to spend the extra $100 for the Ultimate over the Perfect as both reviews say it offers significant improvement. I am planning on plugging it into an unused RCA input on my Antique Sound Labs autoformer passive pre. I'll post updates after I get it, and have broken it in.

tommylion
Dave,

I have tried doubling up on component grounding with my Nordost QKORE6 which resulted in reduced effectiveness, especially in upper frequencies. It will be interesting to know if UG cable can be as effective on multiple components as it is on a single component. 

Cheers!
Dave, Great question, I would think a single route to ground from multiple components would be beneficial?
 Tommylion,

I have the ultimate  ground coming also. Thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of the Gutwire grounding cables until I noticed your post and read all the positive reviews here and the stereo mag reviews.

I will post back after I get the cable and get some break in on it. Thanks again.

Sorry to have disappeared. Simply missed the follow ups until now.

Lalit - interesting finding with your Nordost grounding gear. Any theories as to why?

klh007 - I would agree that running multiple components through the same grounding cable to the same grounding point should reduce ground differential between those components, thus potentially reducing the noise floor.

I recently added a SR Active Grounding Block and am amazed by the resulting improvement in sound quality. Blacker background, more relaxed and refined highs, and a wider and deeper soundstage with improved layering between instruments/performers.

I have been experimenting with different DIY grounding cables (varying gauges of copper, silver, and silver-coated copper wire) from the Active GB to components and the differences can be clearly heard. Don’t understand why but it is so. So far, of what I have tried, I prefer 18 gauge 99.99% pure silver wire in a Teflon tube.

Dave