Diana Krall

I was in Fort Lauderdale last Thursday and saw/heard Diana Krall.  Second time, first was in Wilkes Barre PA after Wallflower cd, this one after her recent one.  Two quite different concerts, both outstanding.  This one was "jazzy", an upright bass, a drummer, guitarist, fiddle/violinist (and a pianist/vocalist).  5 great musicians on the stage, and a wonderful singer.  She is wonderful live.  Highly recommended, as equipment reviewers often say.  Worth the price of admission.  
rpeluso
czarivey,

All jokes aside, Frank Zappa may be considered one of the most innovative and stylistically diverse rock musicians of his era...but he is not my cup of tea. I guess I am bit young to appreciate his unconventional style of singing.

Peace out!
What an interesting discussion! It's always refreshing to see those with less than mediocre talent in music become self-proclaimed defenders of musical excellence or whatever that is supposed to mean.

Anyways, I am hoping that DK releases another album very soon. I'll be the first to place my order.
Dianna has a very interesting talent and likes to explore it and use it.  She IS married to Elvis Costello and I wonder what they talk about?  .    Her T Bone Burnett album (Glad Rag Doll) is completely different from her Live in Paris and I have heard some criticize this difference as though her exploration of her own talent is overshadowed by an obligation to "be true to her previous records".  I think if you are musician, you try things.  You make a record, it sells a little or it doesn't sell at all.  Oh well.

The biggest issue with quality I have is many of her earlier records (Live in Paris for example) have tremendous sibilance in her voice that drives me crazy.  

Brad
@lalitk do you REALLY believe that Howard Stern would YES to DK? I hardly do LOL!
I do not mind DK but prefer the following Jazz singers:

Ann Hampton Callaway
Blues in the Night, To Ella with love, From sassy to devine: The Sara Vaughan Project

Cheryl Bentyne
Talk of the town

Karrin Allyson
In Blue, Round Midnight

Holly Cole
Temptation, Don’t smoke in bed