Carver Raven 350 Amps

Has anyone heard these amps?
They supposedly can produce 350 watts per channel which in my opinion is remarkable for a tube amp. I have the Atma-Sphere M-60’s 3.3 and I love their tube sound.

But I am curious, Bob has made some very interesting products through the years.

ozzy
128x128ozzy
I heard them driving a pair of his speakers in a very large room at the Capital Audiofest.
Very nice sounding amps!
erj1963,

Thanks I wish I could hear them.

P.S. I still own the Carver M400 cube amp.

ozzy
My listening room absorbs sound like a sponge, so I have to crank up the volume quite a bit to get the concert-hall levels that I like. The Carvers sound great, but would run out of gas before getting to those levels. The BHKs have no problem with this. In terms of sound quality, the amps are pretty much even, with the Carvers having a bit more sweetness in the midrange.

The Ulfberhts are sensitve speakers but they do enjoy being hooked to powerful amps. Bass does indeed benefit from this. They take on an effortless quality when driven by large amps.
Well I have not found much info about these amps on the internet and it looks like not much in the way of Audiogon users either.

ozzy