Martin Logan speakers

Are Martin Logan speakers still considered to be high quality speakers?   (I have an opportunity to buy a used pair of Vistas)   I have an old Audio Research VT130 amplifier.    Would it be a good fit with the Martin Logans?  If not, what would be better, but not outrageously expensive?   
jcder
I have owned several , one flow even in their best is  average capacitors . I had the 11A. Solen, And gum drop type nothing special I replaced with big Clarity CSA,on bass ,and Mundorf Supreme Huge upgrade. Why they are so cheap is beyond me 
myself and other have told them ,on deaf ears Maggie same crap.
even their $80k flagship cheap Mundorf Evo give me a break .
at least use the Black Supreme, , Silver Gold oil in flagship
all competitors use better Xover capacitors , resistors, And inductors are good , itmakes no sence.
Thank you all for these great comments.   Very informative, and much appreciated!
I have not listened to the ML Vista's, but came within inches of buying a pair of NOS Summit X's from a dealer.  I had heard the Expressions, which replaced the Summit X's and then listened to the Summit X's-- big mistake.  Martin Logan has not, and cannot, get the bass depth and timing right on these speakers.  Listening to a piano concerto, it was among the best sound I had ever heard-- from any speaker.  Put on something with a set of drums in it, or a bass guitar, and it goes right down the drain.  I walked away from a brand new set of Summit X's at $5,400 for the pair just for this reason.  The Neolith's, with their huge size (and more than $50,000 price), may have solved the bass problem.  But you didn't ask about spending $50,000 in your post.  Trust your ears :)
Here in Switzerland you see Martin Logon very often combined with big McIntosh amps. The advantage is these solid state amps can deliver 2-8 Ohm the same power. And as far as I know Martin Logan need a lot of power and are not that tube friendly (not 8 Ohm).
there's a mcintosh dealer in whittier ca. that's been around since the late 50's or so. they like matin logan speakers.