Still looking for speakers in the 10-20,000 range

I’ve heard Proacs, Personas 3 and 5, Ryans, Wilsons, Wilson Benesch, Monitor Audios, B and Ws and several others in the 10-$20,000 range.  My favorite so far is the KEF Reference 3.  I would consider the Reference 5 but, as I’ve posted before, there is no place to hear them within 400 miles. Still plan to hear the Focal 2 and 3. Unless I love the Focals, I'm inclined to either go with the KEF Reference 3 or wait a couple of months (or more) to check out the new Magico A3.  My room is 24x18.  I have Audio Research electronics and 20 plus year old Proac Response 3.5 speakers.  It’s been a long process and I’m not sure if I’ll be relieved or disappointed when it ends.  Hard to decide if the Magico’s are worth waiting for.  Thoughts?
fast
Thanks everyone.  OtherGreg, some questions specifically for you:
-Did you love the KEF Reference 5?speakers right out of the box or was there a break in period?  If so, how long did it take?
-which ports are you using (I know it’s location dependent)?
-how far apart are your speakers and how far from back and side walls?

Why the questions? I took a chance on the 5s and am still trying to fall in love with them.  It’s only been a couple of weeks.  I’m using an Audio Research amp and Pre amp—both tubes.  The sound so far seems “digital” for lack of a better word-not as full bodied and natural as I hoped for.  Also I’m not hearing the same soundstage as when I auditioned the speakers.  The treble can be harsh at times.   I’ve been moving them forwards, backwards and sideways and experimenting with toe in.  So far I haven’t found the magic. Obviously my room and equipment are different but I’m searching for solutions and appreciate any help.  
Your Proac 3.5 are better than any of the above for the most part!... Try the Eminent Technology 8bs. These will give you a 30 grand sound sold for $2500 ....
Keep it on one spot you think it’s ideal and let it break in. When you think it’s fully broken in, then move it around to find the perfect spot. I find that it’s better way to get use to the speakers tone and changes in tone as it break in as well.
Hey fast, the Reference 5s do require a bit of break-in to sound their best. I don't really remember but it took a bit of time, for sure. 

Mine are 10' apart and I'm using the short ports with my speakers 18" from the back wall and 5' from the side walls.  They are toed-in slightly so the Uni-Q drivers are pointing over each shoulder in my listening position. 

I'm really surprised that they sound "digital" using an all tube system.  How many hours do you have on them and how hard are you running them? 

I'd let them break in more and, if you still have get the harsh treble, you might want to give your dealer a call to get some suggestions.