Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Gee Tomic where did you say that.

Also why no disclosure of the dealership you managed?

The Atom 2 dimensonal what kind of cables are you using?
Audiotroy .. thanks for the info.. as for my personal perspective;

1) I listen to mostly progressive rock
2) My current front end and room seem maybe a good match for the Adante based on your comments.
3) My current speakers are M&D Ruby monitors, I like them a lot and my
in-room measured response looks similar to the Adante review published response.
4) I live in China.. so would prefer a good value speaker made here. (Thus also considering the R500.. but I need check which works well at around 2 meters listening distance).
5) I am over 60 yo... so some natural treble rise maybe not a problem.. also I have experience working live bands and recording, so understand exactly what you are referring to concerning the dynamics of snare hits, etc.

So I will definitely be giving these a serious audition somewhere that has a proper amp attached..

Thanks again!
Mothberg you will love them you are the perfect canidate for them.

We also many years ago had the Rubies even with the omin tweeter module they were a bit dull, the had excellent punch and tight bass.

The Elac is the more exciting of the two speakers the Kef's are a bit more polite, they do image very well, big soundstage. 

I think you will love the Adantes, go give them a listen and see for yourself. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Audiotroy:
As always, you generate many words and miss the point. I have tremendous respect for Andrew Jones. He is one of our premier speaker designers and I’m sure that Elacs sound wonderful.
As to your desire to put tomic601 and I in the same room to compare Vandy 7s and Alexias, I would be happy to do that as you suggest. It would, as you say, be priceless. I have heard the Vandy 7s many times with the very electronics I use to drive my Sashas and I think they are great speakers as well, although a fairer comparison would be Vandy 7s vs Alexia v2s. Judging from tomic601’s reasonable and well balanced posts, I believe we would discuss the different attributes of each speaker, why we might prefer how one presents music over the other and have a great time as I do (and I’m sure he does) with many audiophile friends with different preferences. Unlike you, I would never conclude that tomic601 is a "fanboy" if he prefers Vandys and I’m sure he would not call me a "fanboy" for preferring Wilsons. Nor would he tell me that I must prefer balsa drivers because they are more innovative and advanced than paper pulp and I would not say that he must prefer Wilson’s advanced cabinetry technology over the new Vandy enclosures. You see, "fanboy" is, to me, a pejorative word best used to describe an eighth grade rival who prefers one comic book or superhero over another. That word has no point in civil adult conversation. But you use it all the time to describe anyone who prefers a brand over one which you carry.
Once again, it is not the products you carry --some of which are very good. It is how you promote them here and how you criticize other who disagree with you by usually citing technology, your experience or your trained ear--which every other reputable dealer can do, but does not do here because it is so distasteful and would lead to endless arguments between dealers as to who has the best technology, experience and ear. You also fail to realize that there are many members here have decades of experience in the high end industry, have heard hundreds, if not thousands of speakers, read the trade mags and white papers with respect to technological innovation in speaker design and do not need to be told how you have the best stuff because, as a scientific fact, your brands have the best technology to accurately portray the source. If that were true, we could all just go out and buy Magico and not bother to Quads, Harbeth, Proac, Verity Audio or the like. Your usual comeback is in the following vein:--"I’m just trying to impart valuable information including my golden ears and vast experience to those who may not have considered the brands I carry and suggest that they give my brands a listen"
Right.
Wouldn’t any dealer frame their sales job that way? I’m so happy that they don’t and we only have to listen to you do it.