Best Jazz pianist

Who's the best Jazz pianist, or your favourite.
tmsorosk
I don't believe in "best" for musicians...it isn't a competitive sport, like baseball or football, swimming etc. But, I highly recommend Alfredo Rodriguez. Quincy Jones initially produced his first albums and now co-produces with Rodriguez. I saw him live in Boston last year or so and he was worth the ticket. He is young and lively. Hands are fast and his stuff is uptempo Latin Jazz.   

Most of the names listed i have heard and they are wonderful.  No such thing as "best" in this area.  Whatever you like and appreciate is what matters.

Another to add is Eliane Elias  Wonderful pianist and artist and a student of Bill Evans.

For me it's Bill Evans.  I get more joy from listening to Bill Evans' music than just about anyone in jazz.  I love jazz piano, and really like Ahmad Jahmal, Red Garland,  and Oscar Peterson to name a few.

Great topic.
I am always entranced when I play the Tatum Group pieces. My favorite are the Love for Sale concepts with Buddy Rich, and Lionel Hampton.

My favorites:
Fats Waller, Art Tatum, Oscar Peterson, Willie the Lion Smith, James P. Johnson, Bill Evans, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Marian McPartland for deceased pianists.
Bernd Lohtzky, Dick Hyman, Bill Charlap, Joe Sample for living pianists.
B