First Tube Amp

I have been listening to a 90's SS amp(200 wpc @ 8ohms) for 25 years and thought I would finally give a tube amp a try.

I ordered a $500-800 chinese push pull(40 wpc) integrated tube amp, with 4 El34 tubes, and  2 12AX7, and 2 12AU7 tubes. 

I figured this would introduce me to the so-called "tube-sound", perhaps an exaggerated version, that I have been reading about on this forum, then after a week of exposure, most likely return it for a full refund and decide if I want to go down the hole further with more prestigious versions.

To my surprise, I am floored by the quality of sound it produces. I wasn't expecting this at all. Initially, I thought it had some distortion of the high frequencies and a bloated low end but after 75 hours of break-in this essentially disappeared. The bass is thunderous, contrary to the limited reviews on the internet. The quiet passages are dead silent. I am hearing very different interpretations of CD's that I have listened to for years(classical) on my SS amp. Particularly when single instruments are played the sound is unbelievably sweet. Pizzicato is more forward. Part of this new experience I owe to the newly acquired speakers, which have opened up a sensitivity to recordings that I have not known to exist - I hear musician movements and breaths in the orchestra at 98.82dB 2.83V@1m .

I am struggling with returning this amp, in the midst of a paradigm shift: chinese junk has become on par with high end, how can it get better than this? What would other types of tube amps of better quality offer? How would other types of tubes("rolling") sound. How would a SET amp sound different(a 300b SET). A PL(also chinese made) with an array of tunes versus some of the boutique models that have half as many tubes?

Thanks for your help.

recluse
My speakers are 98 db 1 watt 1 meter as well and I find 30 watts to be the minimum power to use! My room is about 17' x 21' and moderate liveliness.

If your room is smaller and more lively you might be able to get by with an SET, but if it were me I'd go with an amp with more power. Our M-60s would work nicely on that speaker and perhaps our S-30 as well; if on a bit of a budget I would look at a refurbished Citation 2 from Jim McShane, a Dynaco St-70 or the venerable RM-9 if you can find one.
@recluse, like so many Chinese amplifiers these days, Yaqin makes fairly good ones.  It's no surprise at all that you have enjoyed it since it arrived.  And it probably has improved since break in.

As so many North American and European entities have shifted production to China, the manufacturers there attained a lot of capability.  In real world terms, tube amplification reached maturity long ago, and many companies can turn out good sounding products.  In fact, a good friend of mine imported Yaqin a while back, and as you and other mentioned, they sound more than decent.  Ultimately, he gave up the line for the same reasons most Chinese companies struggle in this market.

Some mentioned Chinese products having lesser levels when it comes to parts or build.  My experience has shown those things evened out in large measure.  Especially, in the upper-end companies, though Yaqin does not fall into that category.  Instead, what keeps a lot of these products from ultimately rising to the very same level is the Chinese companies include far too many products in their lineups.  Very few if any products see the degree of design and revision / improvement / iteration Western companies put into their products over time.  It's sort of another example of quantity versus quality.

As for your situation, you may find happiness living with this amplifier.  Over the long-term, most audiophiles on sites like this find themselves on a quest to continually improve.  If you fit that mold, you'll move on from the Yaqin at some point, and the question becomes, how close to now does that day arrive for you?
@recluse- Not sure why you need to shy away from the used market based on local availability. This site’s classified ads are a global market for high end, mostly very gently used goods. If you stick with long time members with lots of positive feedback, you will be amazed with the quality of the gear and the people here

as far as recommendations go, give us a budget or look at the comments in the forums and virtual systems sections and you will see what others are using with your speakers.
You should consider Raven Audio.  They are built in Texas, look fantastic and the music that comes out is very good.  I have the Reflection MK2 integrated amp that runs about $9,900. However there entry level line up is way more affordable under $3k.  Call the owner Dave Thomson.  He is great to talk to and he has some of the best vintage tubes of anyone in the country.  

@recluse - have you read Terry London's review of the Double Impacts?

https://hometheaterreview.com/tekton-design-double-impact-floorstanding-speaker-reviewed/

I email frequently off this forum among a birds-of-a-feather group who share common components.  We try to help each other find great component matches and share experiences.  Two of our little group use the DIs, one as their primary speaker and another in a HT application.  Both of them as well as others in the group have committed in part or fully to Linear Tube Audio gear, although the speaker usage is a mix. 

What part of the country do you live in?  The Axpona show in Chicago is next month and just about every type of amp referenced in this thread will be there.