Classic Over-reaction!

So today I was listening to a new vintage LP that had just arrived. And when I switched cables from my phono stage to my Hegel 160 integrated - just to note sonic differences between cables -- I noticed that all of a sudden - for the first time - a noticeable hum was emanating from the Hegel’s transformer.

Crap. What now?

I switched back to the original cables. Nothing. The hum was still there.

I tried different tubes in the phono stage. Nothing. The hum was still there.

I unplugged the Hegel from the wall outlet and plugged it into the power strip. Nothing. The hum was still there. I switched everything off in despair and moped upstairs for dinner.

Where I noticed the toaster oven was on. Hmmm. A few minutes later the toaster oven dinged and turned off and I went downstairs, turned the Hegel on, and the hum was gone.

Sigh....

128x128simao
I added a second toaster and wired it out of phase in a quasi balanced arrangement with XLR,  no HUM.  
Hat's off to @atmasphere . Many of us tend to get uber-paranoid over things that are probably inconsequential. I defer to a master amplifier maker over my paranoia.

But I'm still going to get a dedicated line installed...
@tomic601 , wish I could, no space available. An excellent suggestion, thank you.
My "problem" really isn't much of one. Just my wife and I, (kids are grown and gone), my listening is typically on Saturday mornings for an hour or two, the AC is super clean at that time, no hum at all 99% of the time.
@atmasphere , best comment on this thread, as usual. Thank you.

Tom
thinking the xlr out of phase cancelling second toaster is best comment so far...
do we really need for toasters for dual differential ?