Isolation stands: snakeoil?

I understand that turntables are uniquely effected by vibrations due thier sensitivity to that kind of energy. But here’s the thing: most turntables, especially decent ones, have vibration control measures built into them via footers and various construction techniques. So, the question is: are turntable stands / shelves with isolation features actually beneficial or are they just horrendously overpriced accessories for audiophiles?
madavid0
Just get yourself even a basic cd player. It will beat any turntable (however much I dearly love their mechanical beauty).
And the Laughing Goat Award for the funniest post of the week goes to....

Baaaaaaa!  🐐
If CD player beat any turntable then something wrong with your turntables @willemj 

chakster
"If CD player beat any turntable then something wrong with your turntable"

Not necessarily it could be another demonstrated example of simple confirmation bias which is very common among those who some call "measurementalists" and also it is a silly remark on the face of it because a CD player can not play vinyl!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Untreated CDs on untreated CD players almost always sound thin, wiry, airless, synthetic, boomy, rolled off, unnatural, bland, two dimensional, undynamic, metallic, electronic, congealed, uninvolving, unmusical, cold, tizzy, irritating and like paper mache. But I can certainly understand how some folks can get used to the sound and think, well, that must be the perfect sound they were talking about.