Magnepan 3.7i vocals sound harsh

Noticing vocals are sounding harsh and grainy on the Maggie's on both lps and CD's, music sounds great. Using a parasound 2.1 integrated.
Currently have resistors installed on speakers but same harshness on vocals without.
johnto
Although the Halo Integrated puts out 160wpc into 8 ohms and 240 into 4, it doesn't put out that much current.  Look at the power supply in the amp, at best there is 40uf of caps per channel.  That isn't much energy storage.  I would try an amp that is known to drive the Maggies well and then go from there.  If you want the band aid approach, I would try some warm sounding speaker cable,  Audioquest comes to mind or the older MIT cables.  I would also ask on the Planer Asylum over at Audio Asylum.  Those guys will know for sure and be able to help.
@johnto
Ditch the Parasound Ingegrated amp and buy a PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP Integrated amp and throw in some nos Mullard tubes and sit back and let the magic happen. PL HP amps work great with Maggie’s.

Cheers
@limniscate - That is more then enough for the 3.7i’s. It’s not about the watts it’s about bandwidth and current. I drive my 20.7’s with 200wpc PL Dialogue Premium HP monoblock amps and they have never sounded better. Trust me it’s not about the watts. Maggie’s are so misunderstood IMHO.

Cheers