Personas....7F vs 9H

Thinking about one of these speakers. And looking for advice/thoughts about why you would prefer one over the other, suitability in a 18 x 18 room with high ceilings, etc. Have heard the 9H and was impressed. Aside from the room correction and built in amplification, and the benefits these should give, is there a difference in their sound that would cause one to be preferred over the other?

Thanks , 
Brrgrr
brrgrr
Regarding efficiency and amp driveability. I spoke to the 9H designer (Oleg B.) and he assured me that the speaker-level crossover tap to the DSP/woofer amps is of very high impedance and negligible back EMF.
So any amp driving the 9H just sees the tweeter and mid ...hence it effortlessly delivers it’s best performance ...the woofers are invisible. The 9H is 96dB at 8ohms so my ~35watt ZOTL40 was barely at 20% volume to fill the room yet each song I played was the best I’d ever heard it.
Regarding the new colors. They are coming out in April. Dealers will have paint swatches. I know they are mainly automotive finishes. The few new models I saw at the factory look awesome. Not sure if they are a $ premium.
I know you can order (request) piano black with silver PPA grilles ...and that’s what I’m getting. These are my end-game so I want to make sure they will fit in any decor

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input. And yes all of the "advantages" of the 9H make sense given the room-correction and ability to be more amp-friendly etc.

However, given how great the 5F sounds... I think many of us are still keen to know how the 7F sounds  at it's place in the product-line instead of the template that seems to be applied almost everywhere that "just go straight from 5F to 9H". Surely if the 7F is produced at all, it must (I'd assume) sound better than the 5F, but likely not as good as the 9H... so given it's mid-way price point (and since man of us can't realistically afford the 9H), we'd love to know how it actually *sounds* :)

Anyone auditioned it along-side the 5F and 9H? That's the comparison I'm also looking for... how much better than the 5F? and how much better still is the 9H (though that gets complicated since the bass-room-correction means how much "better" it sounds depends heavily on a particular room's bass characteristics).

Thoughts? Thanks!
DVDboulet, there is very little difference between the 7 and the 9, sonically, they are the same speaker with the difference being a slightly deeper bass response in the 9H

The real advantage the active bass system is in the speakers adaptability.

If you have a larger room and have lattitude where to position the speakers the 7 will be perfect, if the room is smaller then a good sized room lets say 25-30 foot long, 18+ wide etc, the 9H will be ble to produce tight non boomy bass.

So it comes down to room size, and positioning.

If someone has the extra budget the 9H would be better, as the bass will always be good, and if not and the room has size and the ability to position the speakers go with the 7.

Hope that helps.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
If you have a pre-amp with sub-outs I wonder if you might not even get better performance for less money doing a pair of Persona Bs or Persona 5Fs combined with a pair of Persona Subs.  The Persona Subs have the same ARC correction built in as the bass sections of the 9H, and could be placed in the room separately from the mains for better performance overall (since oftentimes the best place for bass in the room is not the same place as the best place for mids and highs in a room).