We Need A Separate Forum for Fuses

LOL, I'll bet I gotcha on that Title! ;)  BTW, I put this thread under "Tech Talk" category as it involves the system physically, not tangentially. 

More seriously, two question survey:

1. Do you think designer fuses are A) a Gift to audiophiles, or B) Snake Oil 

2. Have you ever tried them?  Yes or No

In the tradition of such questions on Agon, I'll weigh in as we go along... 
Feel free to discuss and rant all you wish, but I would like to see clear answers to the questions. :) 
douglas_schroeder
I realize I’ve posted some of these before somewhere along the line but maybe it’s good to post them again. We’ll see. 😬 Without further ado here are some suggestions for further improving any newfangled high end fuse. Or any stock fuse.

1. Cryogenically treat the fuse. The cryo lab (if he’s a nice guy) will cryo it free.

2. Alternative to cryoing - Freeze the fuse in the home freezer, 2-4 Days recommended, let thaw in main refrigerator section for 4 hours.

3. Apply contact enhancer to end caps. If you already have established correct fuse direction be sure to maintain correct orientation.

4. Alternative to contact enhancer: paint both encapsulated with permanent violet/purple marker.

5. Wedge a thin slice of natural cork under the fuse holder as counter vibration measure.

6. Make a “tent” out of mu metal and cover fuse and fuse holder. Since mu metal is VERY CONDUCTIVE cover both sides and all edges of the mu metal with adhesive paper or vinyl.

7. Apply WA Quantum Chip for Fuse to the body of the fuse. WA Quantum Chips are still available from distributors such as VH Audio. WA Quantum Chips come in various flavors for capacitors, inductors/transducers, speakers, breaker box, cables, etc.

8. It goes without saying the fuse, even if it’s a stock fuse, will sound significantly better in one direction than the other.

Your friend and humble scribe,

Geoff Kait, Machina Dynamica
geoffkait - It goes without saying the fuse, even if it’s a stock fuse, will sound significantly better in one direction than the other.

How about you contact me privately, so we can begin communication regarding your ability to hear a significant improvement when a stock fuse is oriented in the opposite direction. 
@geoffkait 

I understand. I just figured that because you are able to hear a "significant" improvement, the type of test wouldn't even matter. Never mind.
In case I haven't made it known previously in this forum, I have conducted double blind testing using the Audio by Van Alstine ABX Comparator (see review), and I passed the testing in regards to all components and cabling with the exception of amps that were level matched. 

Thus, I have no interest in discussion of blind testing, for it is a moot point to me. My interest is whether a person has used fuses and whether they think a fuse is a gift to the community or snake oil. 

I also asked whether a person is a fuse skeptic or fuse adopter what is their primary source, digital or analogue. 

I will add that I wish to avoid discussion of other debated products here, such as Machina Dynamica products. Please save such discussion for other boards. I am not making any declaration about such products here in this thread. I do not wish to put this thread into a quagmire about debate of other products. I appreciate the creativity in additional tweaks of fuses, but I do not wish for that to become the primary discussion. Thank you.