In need of some Amplifier advice. Is therereally any point in it with my current setup?

Hello. I have posted in the past, but have since learned a little bit more from reading audio forums, and doing some research and have come to somewhat of a juncture. 

I figure I could "stair step" up on my own and enjoy the ride, or, ask those who have most likely been where i am before and skip a few steps =). 

My current setup consists of a Yamaha adventage-A3070 AV receiver (150wattsx8ohms 2chd), and 2 Polk LSIM707 towers. 

I've been looking at used Classe amps here on audiogon, or possibly a new parasound Halo A21 power aplifier,  and have thought about purchasing them. 

My question is, would my Yamaha advantage 3070 even be a sufficient pre-amp? It has pre-outs for all channels, and it also has an ess sabre DAC for my digital flac files. Or would using the Yamaha as a pre completely destroy the sound of the power amplifier? Essentially wasting $1,000-$3,000. 

My other question is pretty obvious. Should I trade up, just spend the $1,000-$3,000 on better set of speakers I've been eye balling like  the EMT-LFT8s, and stick with the Yamaha receiver's power for now. 

If it were you. What would you do? 

moskaudio
@mtrot  I actually was not aware. I don't think I got your message. I know there is a company called audio dimensions in Oklahoma city but their ratings are very poor, and I have a few friends that have been there and I hear it's not a company you want to visit or work with. They essentially push one set of home theater speakers on you with amps they need to sell and don't really let you demo much. 
Hmmm.  @moskaudio, you do realize the setup I described above allows you to keep the AVR and pure stereo components (amp and preamp) completely separate within the same system without having to swap any interconnects or cables, right?  That's the whole point of this.  If you're having to swap wires to switch between stereo and HT there's something amiss here.  All that's necessary in the setup I described is to change the input on the stereo preamp to switch between the stereo and HT, and you'd be using your "good" speakers (when you get them) for both stereo and HT.  No 707s required.  The AVR is completely out of the system for stereo and only involved when doing video related stuff -- nothing cheap about this at all.  Not sure I was clear on this point. 

@OP, that is definitely not a dealer you want to deal with.
If you can make some time available, take a day or weekend and contact a few dealers in Dallas. Make sure they can accommodate you (if they can't, scratch them). Tell them you are listening to find speakers you like and don't worry about details-like amps/pre/source. Just let your ears be the judge.
A good dealer will be happy to let you audition and not pressure you.
Bob
@ moskaudio

For the message I sent, you first have to go to the main Audiogon page and navigate to your name/profile box in the upper right corner, where there will be a drop down list of options.  Select "Dasboard", then "Inbox".  Then my message should appear.

Also, I agree with soix above that there is no need for switching cables; you just get a pre-amp or integrated amp with home theater bypass.  I am currently researching this and looking at various pre-amps and integrated amps. 
A HT bypass is nice but not necessary, so if the pre or integrated you really like doesn't have one it's not a big deal -- don't let that limit your choices.  Any spare line-level input will work fine.