A HiFi newbs Elac Adante review

First post here! (I’ll keep this relevant soley to the adantes) :)

Background: I have a fairly lengthy audiophile habit in car audio but not home HiFi. As a first time home buyer Ive been chomping at the bit to piece my first system together without concern of bothering neighbos! so needless to say, I’m new to home HiFi - recently purchased the adante stand mounts and picked up a roksan k3 integrated to power the beasts (these suckers are huge). Bear in mind this is my first HiFi setup so I put almost all of my budget into the speakers and an integrated amplifier as a foundation.

I’ve gotten some time under my belt now listening and am quite happy with the combo. The setup simply stated just sounds "fun" by that I mean open, precise and has a massive stage with solid bass. The best way to describe this is just a large wall of sound coming to my seat with pinpoint stereo accuracy of vocals coming right down the middle. I certainly find the bass adequate but feel a sub thrown in the mix would make a significant impact. I listen mostly to accoustic folk, modern r&b, alternative and newer hip hop streamed thru a Chromecast hdmi to my TV and the TV’s digital out to an ifi micro dac. I’m aware my source is not ideal but until I cash a few more checks and finnish my 24’ x14 dedicated listening room (former spare bedroom) it will have to do. I completely blew my budget but can’t say that eating hot dogs and ramen in front of a bad ass stereo for a few weeks is all that bad haha. The only thing that comes to mind that could use improvement is that I could see how others might think these are overly direct or in your face in regards to the top end but feel I can take this down once I move everything to the man cave.

Currently using home Depot 14g wire off the spool and a less than ideal source so I’m confident there is PLENTY of room to grow! Can’t wait to see where this journey goes in the mean time 😁

Any forum thoughts on using a mini DSP? Used these in my car setup for 2 way active xover and t/a with a ton of success and want to get the he mini DSP with Dirac for room correction and integrating a stereo sub set up. Oh Wich reminds me, any thoughts on rel vs svs sealed for something like this?

Pic of current setup
https://i.imgur.com/RmZ4mr8.jpg

Cheers!
Chris
128x128clucas65
Thanks for the review Chris!

I have a couple of the miniDSP HD´s (2x4) that replaced the standard miniDSP model used for supertweeters and subs management (main speakers running full range).. even there, I felt the HD was a nice step forward compared to the standard version. I am thinking that with the level of detail you are describing, you may notice any additional ADDA conversions though (I think there is digital I/O available, not sure)..

I would consider room treatments and speaker/listening positions tweaking good  place to start dialing things in once you get your stuff into the cave... there is a lot of info available online, but I have found this a very time-efficient resource.
http://getbettersound.com/index.php 

I am thinking with those speakers and your music preferences, you may want to audition some other flavor of a R2R or multibit DAC to compare against your iFi. A DAC that offers a NOS (non oversampling) option may be a good match, but watch so you do not lose that sound stage depth/width at the expense of tonality.

Here is a somewhat-off-the-radar company making source components that seem high value,   https://www.allo.com/index.html ..

Good luck and will be looking forward to any additional comments you have time to share.
I'm using digital room correction (an open source version, my music is PC-based) and the difference it made in my far from ideal room is HUGE.

Yes, you should also treat your room, but things like bass peaks are VERY difficult to treat with anything decor or wallet friendly.

I vote for minidsp/Dirac live as your next upgrade.  The difference between room correction on and off swamp anything else.

And welcome to the hobby!
Bad news everyone. The Roksan amplifier I had picked up was defective (headphone jack stuck in mute mode) Tried my hardest to carefully clean it but no luck so I had to return it... While I enjoyed the combo thus far reliability is a big concern.

If anybody has suggestions for a new amp I am all ears! I've been looking at the new yamaha r-n803 as a budget pick for this. It has a ton of features That matter to me like a dac, network streaming, IR remote and room eq.

This would not be the end all as I know I will eventually upgrade. I appreciate the versatility of this unit because it could make its way to my living room for a more casual set up down the road. any thoughts on this amp or others that you feel would be a great fit for the Adantes?
I got the adantes as well and I'm currently looking for an amp to complete my setup.

I'm considering parasound's newly released A21+ with the P6. Alternatively the Parasound Hint6

What did you end up getting and how is it?