IRS BETA Repair

Hi, 

Does anyone out there know a technician that is familiar with the IRS Beta's.  Having a feedback problem with the servocontroller. Not sure whether it is the controller or the control woofer.  When I plug the servo control cables in I get an overload of the amp that controls the woofers.  The safety cut out kicks in.  Is the module for the control woofers servicable?

Thanks in advance.

128x128c421c
Will do. Where is PS Audio located?  This is a new issue.  I’ve had the speakers for 4 years.  Had a grounding issue in the Servocontroller.  Someone had worked on it before I bought it.  Some of the soldering let go.  I brought the unit in for service but the problem persists. Even got another Servocontroller but have the same problem.  That’s why I’m Wondering if the control woofers are damaged and that is the problem. 
Michael Marks may be able to assist you. You can look him up on eBay where he goes by the user name magicmarksy. He is an expert on vintage Infinity speakers. I think he offers repair service for the servo controllers and he may have a unit for sale if needed.
c421c

PS Audio is a audio manufacturer in Boulder CO.  You can go to their website and ask Paul if he can give you some advise or recommend those who work on these speakers. Possibly as reubent suggest Michael Marks is the person. I suspect Paul knows your speakers well as he and Arnie Nudell were very close friends and business partners. Arnie Nudell was one of the founding fathers of Infinity. I’m sure Paul will be very helpful or lead you in the right direction.
Have you tried without the amp turned on plug one side at a time ( servo cable from speaker) and see which side shuts down the servo control. I suspect it is a cable problem. If you need service on your servo unit Bill Thalman at music Technology serviced one of mine and did a great job on it. ( no affiliation)