Vandersteen 2ci and 2ce

What are the differences between the Vandersteen 2ci and the 2ce? I am looking at various listings and am trying to get a better understanding of these models. I am going to drive them with a Counterpoint preamp and amp. I listen to mostly rock and some jazz.
Thanks,
Don
donw
Aedv8sc is absolutely correct. The addition of a pair of 2Wq subs with the inserted filters makes a great speaker even better and the subs provide a solid bottom to below 20hz. I use this combination myself currently.
Thanks for your help. I did purchase a pair of 2CE Signatures, which I thought was out of my league financially. However, I found a good deal on ebay.
I am enjoying them right now.
Thanks again,
Don
Thought Id jump in since there is no end in forum discussions on the Vandersteen 2 series. I think my favorite is the 2CE Sig I (came out around 2000). They have the rugged Scanspeak midrange with a regular magnet that doesn’t have the tendency to demagnetize over time like alnicos such as the one used in the Sig II midrange. That open back transmission thing Vandersteen talks about in the literature doesn’t make sense to me. If it is so desirable, why not use it in the woofer and tweeter? The Sig I is also voiced warmer and flatter than the Sig II which sounds lean to my ears; doesn’t have enough lower midrange. Even John Atkinson pointed that out in his measurements. About the 2Ci v 2CE low end: Yes it is true that bass is tighter and leaner (flatter too) on the 2CE and later models with its bigger box volume extending and lowering the Q of the system compared with earlier versions that had a slight bass bump which some folks prefer. I happen to prefer the tighter and more immediate sound of the new models, especially the Sig I.
I have the 2CE Sig II. You will have to let us know how well you like it down the road. I listened to Klipsch, Polk, Kef, Magnepan, B&W, and many others but settled on the Vandersteen because it sounds right for Jazz, Acoustical music and vocals. I would like to audition the Quattro Wood CT down the road if I ever have that kind of money. I also like the 3.7i by Magnepan, but I think the powered bass in the Vandy would give it more depth.
Cool thread
owners weighing in nice
iF you can swing 3a-dig and 2x subs, you are not far away from a pair of 5
no comparison in bass, especially with eq tuning to room - this is why the new sub gets analog 11 band eq
now having said that, there should be a few , probable more than a few of the old sub available for Low $$$$
i had the 3a-sig for many years, pair it with an amp that can control the low end and as some said, near 5 levels of performance 

for those seeking nore info, some of your configuration? Addressed by the Ask Richard section of the website

the aerodynamic midrange thinking could apply to other drivers but the physical configuration issues of magnet size relative to cone / dome diameter largely preclude it

your ear more sensitive in the midrange also

RV has pretty sophisticated Anechoic chamber and FFT tools, he says and the recently expired patent is based on being able to both see and measure and hear the reflected backwave off the larger magnet