Cryongenically treated in-wall AC power wire

I have a high end sound system and am building a new house.  I would like to have a dedicated electrical line installed for my system, to run from the electrical outlets in my music room to the breaker box.  The builder asked me how long I wanted the wire to be, which runs from the outlets to the breaker box.  I have no idea.  I could place it as close as several feet or much longer.  The wire is $20/foot.  So, here are my questions:

1.  If you want to install a dedicated electrical line for your sound system how close should the electrical outlets be to the breaker box, or does it make a difference?  In other words, is there a minimum length of cryogenically treated wire that I will want in the wall stretching from the outlets to the fuse box?

2.  I assume that using cryogenically treated wire and electrical outlets will reduce noise.  Does anyone have any experience with cryogenically treated wire?

Ag insider logo xs@2xgapperis123
The remedy to a noisy ground is to fix the ground, not bypass it.

Please explain how to fix a noisy ground.  Thank you.
It has been said many times, and disputed as wrong many times, that with dedicated circuits for each monoblock and upgraded outlets you should not need a power conditioner for monoblocks. I agree with kalali that issue could be a separate thread. In my experience, my  particular amps sound really good plugged directly into the dedicated circuit with the upgraded wall outlet. BTW the same amps also sounds much better IMO plugged into my power conditioner that is plugged into a dedicated circuit. YMMV   

I personally don’t like the sound of Cryo, nor do I like the sound of line conditioning, or over built outlets. Keep in mind, I was one of the original "Audiophile" outlet designers. I was wrong! After doing the follow up listening on the "more mass" outlets I realized there became black holes in the sound stages. Same was true with Cryo treatment and line conditioning.

If your going with smaller soundstaging, hyper detail (fatiguing to most ears) and an upward shift, Cryo and the other things I mentioned are fine. But if your joining the ever growing bigger stage club, you will want to go low mass and heat Temp-A-Cure treating.

The key to all of this is experience, and by that I mean, hundreds of systems vs a few. Once you get use to hearing the Cryo sound, it can drive you up the wall. At first it sounds clean (really clean) and you think your hearing more detail, but the more you listen you start to hear, and see, that parts of the staging has collapsed almost as if part of the connected flow is gone leaving a black hole where there use to be content. Second thing you will notice is your rock collection has become unlistenable, as if the engineers have made a recording mistake. But the reality is you have chopped away at significant sections of the recorded code. Ever put on a recording and it sounds like a scratchy shouting tin can? This means the recorded code (content) is not making it’s way through the audio chain intact. The high end audio "experts" have screwed up in telling you this is an engineering problem, but in fact these recordings are just fine. It’s the high end "technologies" that have screwed up. Part of this is Cryo treating.

michael green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

vtech2000
Please explain how to fix a noisy ground.
You could write a book on this! The reference almarg provided is an excellent and authoritative treatise.

The first steps include checking the existing grounds and neutrals. Are connections clean and tight? Is the grounding scheme sufficient? Often, adding additional ground rods to an existing system can improve results. This is often required by code when other electric upgrades are made.

It's also important to have all grounds at the same potential. There are devices that can help with that, such as the one from Synergistic Research. Dedicated lines offer potential benefit here, too.

There have been some credible reports over the years from people saying they don’t like the sound of cryo. On the other hand, a great many more have reported they DO like the sound of cryo. So, it’s not like the issue is split 50/50%. Thus, it’s probably best to describe cryo as another one of those he said she said type situations. Michael Green is very experienced so his testimony can’t be easily discounted. There are some technical arguments why both heat AND cryo solutions might work, sound wise. Certainly the cryo process can temporarily make things sound bad/funky (i.e., thermal shock) so that in itself might explain some of the negative reports. But maybe not all.

It would be a Big Shame if cryo does turn out to be bad for the sound, makes the soundstage disappear or whatever, which I doubt, since so many cable manufacturers have been turning out cryo’s cables for years, not to mention high end electronics companies like Meitner have been routinely employing cryo for years. So, obviously there will be a whole lot of very Unhappy Campers 😢 out there if this cryo thing turns out to be hoax, which I doubt it will. I wouldn’t bet the ranch however.