Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
I find it perplexing why they didn’t embrace the streaming revolution and expand their line to include multichannel processors etc. I believe this was a failure of strategic management not just unpredictable market forces 
I have the Oppo BDP-83SE.  The SE is enhanced analog audio section.  It’s never put a foot wrong in thenyears I’ve owned it.  For about a year I’ve been considering an upgrade.  Couldn’t figure out whether to buy the 105D Darbee or the UDP 205.  Now I fear it may be too late.

I’ve always liked to own my own music and movies.  But do I need a new player.....?

I ve been streaming a lot of video and am considering buying a network streamer to marry to my multiple analog stereo systems which I remain attached to because  of generally good to very good quality sounding equipment.
More to discover