Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5
I, too, am annoyed at having to do all the work to play my CDs and LPs.  Damn, I’m getting too old!  So  I’ve been investigating Network Streamers.  Came upon this thread about Oppo and after visiting the Oppo website, reading the bad news (they’re quitting manufacturing) and reading the potentially good news (they might make a run to manufacture the UDP-250), I started reading up in the 250.

Unless I am misunderstanding what Ive been reading, it does do streaming!  It has WiFi and it has an Ethernet connection and it is set up for Roon, one of the major software organizers for your  digital music.  I don’t know what would happen if  I wanted to subscribe to Primephonic, maybe it wouldn’t support that.  But, darn, it looks like it would provide the link between the digital streaming world and my two channel audio system in my TV room.  What else would I need to marry digital to my analog world?

So not to put too fine a point on it, my name is Allen and I am a system designer at the Magnolia Design Center Perimeter in Atlanta Georgia. I can get access to Oppo udp-205 for the time being, but at last count we were down to 38 in our warehouse in Virginia. I would certainly appreciate the opportunity to assist anyone who doesn't want to get gouged on eBay.
Jb0194

You mentioned the 205 solving connectivity issues for you.  I’m having a connectivity problem too. I want to combine digital and audio, two colliding systems, to my three more than decent stereo systems, only one of which has a connection to digital via my desktop computer.  I looked into buying Network Streamers (Naim and Linn)  and ran into major problems with Sticker shock, and I still needed at least one good DAC (more $$$)..  Now it seems that the 205 may actually be the link I need to “marry” my analog stereos with a digital source. Is that what you are thinking? Though I might need two 205s, one for my living room stereo, the other for my TV stereo.

“Interesting that you mentioned your 105 solving connectivity issues in your system. That benefit was a strong incentive for me to buy a 205. Remains to be determined if my system connection plan with the 205 pans out but, on paper at least, it may be an ideal hub to dovetail my tv/video and 2 channel audio.”