First time tube integrated buy

OK, after years of messing around on the fringes of the tube world, I have decided I want to buy a tube integrated and see what I am/might be missing. Will be in a bedroom system mated to either Spendor S3/5 or Kef R300. Listen to lots of acoustic jazz, jazz vocals, acoustic and electric guitar, Gypsy jazz, singer songwriters. Torn between getting a vintage unit like a HH Scott 299 and having it refurbished and a more modern unit. $1500-2000 seems doable. Preowned is fine as long as its dependable. There is only one tech out here and he is getting old and talking retirement. I am kind of scared of lots of the Chinese stuff mabye w exception of Jolida, Primaluna. Not looking at low power stuff...at least 20-25 watts seems appropriate. Thoughts? All appreciated. BTW, going on trip soon to FL, TN so its a chance to see what I might get on the road.
joekapahulu
Yet another recommendation to look at JoLida. Owned a 502B for 10 years. Never a lick of trouble. That was my intro to tubes. Be sure you are dealing with Michael Allen’s JoLida in Maryland. This is not to say there aren’t some other fine candidates being mentioned (e.g., Quicksilver & Prima Luna).  Given your budget, I do think you will end up buying used.  You could send a JoLida to the factory in MD and get it checked out and upgraded.  The factory upgrade was very reasonable and made a nice difference.  Good luck in your hunt.
I'll make you a deal on a pristine Vincent SV-500. Tubes in the preamp. Solid State in the output. The best of both worlds. It has plenty of power for what you're looking for. (I'm only selling it because I upgraded to the top of the line Vincent.) Read the reviews. It is an impressive piece of gear. PM me if you're interested.