I have question about frequency response and power issues

My current system is a Son of Ampzilla 2 and Mirage M1 speakers. I am using a Yaqin tube CD player and a Lexicon MC8 in bypass mode for a preamp. My question is basically this. My M1s have frequency response from 20 hz to 20K Hz. My amp has the same specs as does my CD player. My low end is phenomenal , I really am happy with it. I think I may be pushing my amp too hard as the M1s are rated at 250 watts but the amp is only 220. I am thinking about a Macintosh MC302 which is 300 watts output which I think will be perfect for my speakers. I am considering some B&W speakers but the frequency response ratings seem to all put the low end at around 35 Hz. Also the power requirements for the B&Ws seem to be very minimal. I don’t want to lose ANY of the belly buzz characteristics , so am I looking in the wrong direction as far as speakers go? Thanks in advance!

128x128jamesfokes
Thank you all so much for these responses! I am rearranging my whole system. Particularly Jond for the words about the default setting on the MC8. You are exactly correct< if I had a hat it would be off to you and all the other responders. You probably saved me fifteen thousand bucks! I was seriously considering the MC302 and some B&W speakers. I can't thank you guys enough!

PS, I was told by the repair guy at Audio Advice in Raleigh that the M1s were good for 250 RMS with 500 watt peaks, but biamping was giving me 500 RMS and one thousand watt peaks, he said that was what cooked my tweeters.
I agree with stereo5. Ive blown many sets of crossovers on my speakers, but have both read and heard, particularly from Jerron at Wilson, it's not too much power that blows most drivers, it's power that's full of distortion. Even turning off a preamp out of sequence, can blow crossover resistors. When u over drive your source and amp and the sine wave starts to clip, that's when you blow drivers. Most speakers will accept much more "clean" power, than what they're rated.   The max power rating of your amp is sometimes misunderstood. You want an amp with lots of dynamic headroom. Most listening is done at low wattages. It's when it has to reproduce that transient and can't without clipping, damage is done. 
I haven't ever experienced clipping with this amp but I have had it shut down because of overheating. I did install a cooling fan behind the amp and it seems to have made a difference. I do have a tendency to "enjoy" high volumes. If I play track 5 on Emmylou Harris' Spyboy CD the bass will absolutely cause your skin to vibrate and actually affects your vision. I can't help but believe that speakers with a sensitivity to 20hz have something to do with that. 20hz is supposedly the lowest frequency humans can hear. maybe I am wrong but the specs I have read on the B&W speakers list fairly low watt ratings and fairly high bottom end crossover numbers. If all those number are meaningless then why use them? On low end I am not talking about boom box car noise, I am talking about clean tight precise lows without any distortion..