New Speakers ... Can't Stop "Listening"

I’ve had my new JA Pulsars for about a month now, and something really strange has happened ... I’m actually interested in "listening" to the music. With my old B&Ws, I’d put on the system and read or surf the internet; being "involved" with the music typically was not something I had experienced. Now, reading a magazine or surfing the ’net is virtually impossible. It's almost as if I'm compelled to pay attention. I never knew I could be so engaged by my system. Other than greater detail, what am I hearing now that I hadn’t heard before? Has anyone had a similar experience?
rlb61
Great to hear. But how long did you put up with B & W Speakers?  No surprises as B & W Speakers are the most "uninvolving" Speakers I've had the misfortune to hear.
@initforthemusic ... I had the B&Ws for several years, but really didn't pay attention to their uninvolving nature until I heard the JAs. After that, it was a no brainer. 
Agreed about the JA speakers.

My test for if a speaker might be for me or not is the "can I get up and leave or not?" when listening.  Some speakers just pin me to the chair making me want to listen to track after track, and the JA speakers do that for me when I've auditioned them.  It's that magic clarity, warmth and incisiveness.  They have the to my ears incredibly rare attribute of "surprisingness."  That is, the timbral nature of voices and instruments seems so clear and distinct, that I can't exactly predict how a new instrument will sound.  For most speakers once I hear drum cymbals, or a sax or a trumpet etc I pretty much know how those instruments will sound through those speakers from then on.  But the Josephs seem to mirror a more life-like sense of revelation.

I remember putting on some vocal tracks - Chet Baker, Julie London, mono recordings - and I was absolutely struck at how they sounded like I'd never heard before.  A certain clarity all the way through the voice to the furthest away instruments and even though the instruments were all jangled together in the center (mono) each was distinctly clear with it's own timbral voice.  And the voices had a particular "that's a real person" realism.  A similar experience to hearing voices through Harbeth speakers, the way Harbeth "gets' the human voice in a way most speakers don't.  The JAs don't sound exactly like the Harbeths with voices but for me they do a similarly compelling portrayal of voice.