New Speakers ... Can't Stop "Listening"

I’ve had my new JA Pulsars for about a month now, and something really strange has happened ... I’m actually interested in "listening" to the music. With my old B&Ws, I’d put on the system and read or surf the internet; being "involved" with the music typically was not something I had experienced. Now, reading a magazine or surfing the ’net is virtually impossible. It's almost as if I'm compelled to pay attention. I never knew I could be so engaged by my system. Other than greater detail, what am I hearing now that I hadn’t heard before? Has anyone had a similar experience?
rlb61
kalali,

Good post!

I agree about how speaker drivers behave in the hands of different speaker designers.

The first time I ever liked a speaker with metal drivers was encountering Paul Hales "Transcendence" speaker designs.  Paul was (is?) a wizard with crossover design and he brought the best out of those drivers.  I still own some Transcendence speakers, which use Seas drivers like the JA speakers.  The Hales have a purity of tone and lack of hash similar to the JA speakers.  So at least my first inclination is to attribute some of that signature to the drivers, but clearly both designers knew how to get the best out of them.

The Perspectives are near the top of my list of most attractive looking speakers.  It's a smart, contemporary look with a killer level of finish and craftsmanship.
I built very similar speakers myself using SEAS drivers. I made my own baffles using 1.5” thick solid ash. Cabinets are Parts Express 0.5 cu’ piano black units.
I spent quite a bit $$s on crossovers and they are big and therefore external. The sound? They sound amazing. Clear and very detailed.  I love to post a video of them here but not sure how. I will upload it somewhere and provide link here.
Overall, they cost me less than $1,500 for the pair ( not counting my labor/engineering).
Here is the link.
https://youtu.be/C8fwA3nPNls

Listening to Susan Wong on youtube from ipad. Signal is going through small Yamaha mixer to $100 basic Sony receiver. And sounds this good.

Let me know what everyone think?
No doubt that the SEAS drivers make a difference, but so does the Modafferi x-over which Jeff Joseph has improved upon. I can only describe the sound of the Pulsars as natural and unforced. There's an ease of presentation that I haven't heard in other speakers, but without being soft or rolled off  ... voices and instruments sound the way that they're supposed to sound. I just don't know how else to describe them. To say that I'm thrilled with the Pulsars would be a polite understatement.