Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I’m glad to have this thread! I just ordered a pair of class D, Red Dragon m500 mkiis as an experiment of sorts.

The Rega is a capable amplifier indeed, but I find vocals at lower volume (particularly male, live vocals) completely unintelligible....things get congested quickly in the midrange. If I really crank the Rega, it clears up nicely but at the expense of to many decibels. 

Mainly listening to digital these days through a Metrum DAC which honestly could be part of the problem. I hope the new amps will help sort it out. Looking forward to sharing results if anyone is interested!

Keep me posted on your Audio journey - boilers1

The CS 2.4 should not exhibit any congestion of any kind? My demo of the Rega included the Rega Saturn-R player and a Macbook Pro (to show off the internal DAC/Computer Audio capability).

Double check all connections on all gear. Yes, agreed that the Rega is very capable. The Creek that I demo'ed was half powered and still sounded very fine with a NAD 565BEE player.

Happy Listening!

Another step on the Audio journey... Two new pieces going into the chain driving my CS2.4 pair this week.  Friday I will be exchanging my VAC Renaissance III for a VAC Renaissance V.  In addition I will be adding back the Wolf Audio Server and Wireworld 7 Platinum USB I auditioned before it travelled to Axpona.  A server should not make a real differenc... is what I believed...  I was astounded and thrilled at what the Wolf Alpha brought to my system and that the Thiels revealed all the positive changes.  It was as good (sometimes better) than my analog source which has been my focus for years.  I have traveled the VAC preamp route for many years and love their performance.  Again the 2.4s were present when I upgraded from the  VAC Standard LE I had for many years to the Renaissance III and allowed all the improvements to be heard.  I am excited about this next change.  I occasionally think about a different brand speakers but I’m not sure any would have allowed me the window into my system upgrades that Jim Thiel’s design has allowed me to enjoy.

Rick
drrsutliff

Much Thanks! for the update. Good to read that VAC and Thiel are sonic matches. Keep us posted as you massage the Renaissance V into your system and room. I have often thought about the VAC integrated amp and its impact w/ Thiel speakers. Are you using all Wireworld cabling?

Happy Listening!
My system is wired with Audience cables (AU24 SE and SX) for interconnects, power, and speakers.  I demoed the Audience USB vs the Wireworld and chose the Wireworld.  (I thought there would be a different outcome). Wireworld really has some excellent USB cables.  Demoed both the Silver and Platinum 7 series.  Each was excellent but slightly different.  Also using Audience Power Conditioning.