High End is Dead?

Browsing used audio sites such as Audiogon and the Marts, high end gear ads are dominated by several dealers. Non-dealer ads are usually people trying to push 15+ year old off-brand junk at 60-70% of MSRP (when they were new). They don't sell anything. You could slash Wilsons, Magicos, etc, 50% off retail and no one will buy them.

No one buys if it costs more than 1k. It's not that they're not interested -- the ads get plenty of views. It's that the asking prices are just way over the ability of buyers to pay. Fact is, if you see a high end piece for sale it's probably by a dealer, often times trying to push it at 15% off retail because its a trade in, but also often they are taking a good chunk off the price 30, 40 sometimes 50% off. They can be famous brands with a million positive reviews. No buyers.

Are we just poor, and that's all there is to it? 
madavid0
As long as the 1% own 90% of the wealth Hi End will exist! More Wilson's and Magico's coming down the assembly line!
Post removed 
I know of not a single audiophile under the age of 50. I think the younger you go the less and less you will find. Gen Y / millennials believe a $300 soundbar for their home theatre “rig” is nirvana and expensive nirvana at that.  Musicians are likely the few putting serious cash into music reproduction gear.
Cant quite understand why posting these idiotic topics excites the OP so much. It is however my hope that he someday leaves his parents basement to discover there is sunshine and beauty outside to behold. That there are jobs to be landed and experiences out there waiting for him. He will then discover that playing video games all day and watching tosh.o all night isnt a life at all nor a career. Audio is either expensive to a particular person or it isnt.

in terms of real dollars, decent audio is better today than in the golden era of audio while also being less expensive. At the end of the day though, the OP is a troll and is probably back in the warming embrace of his parents basement thinking of ways to be relevant....unsuccessfully I might add.
Nope . real dollars where worth a LOT more back in the day than the currency that has lost 25% against the Euro in last year .

How long did you look in their basement ?