Why have the prices of Marantz and Sansui speakers have gone up so much? Whyyyy???

Couldnt give them away before. If they were considered junky sounding before how are they all of sudden golden sounding and collectable and people spending stupid money on them? Im at a loss of words.
vinny55

schubert
: Very simple, old folks buy things they could not afford that they wanted in their youth .
+1

It’s just like the muscle car fad that had it’s zenith 10 years ago. They aren’t faster, better performing, safer, more comfortable, reliable or arguably better looking than today’s cars. Each generation goes through this when they reach about 50.
I do agree that japenesse speaker's of the 70's are crap, someone here said they were voiced for their music at the time, true,  they all were better known as kubuki speaker's,  I hate them,  I sold the best of Sansui, yamaha,  technics,  pioneer, Marantz,  etc, all them multiple drivers, power meter' s, 15" woofer's are incredibly junk!, got decent money for them,  to me,  I thought they were the worst speaker's I've encountered. 
Never liked any of the speakers but I still have and enjoy listening to a Marantz 2250b receiver and a Pioneer SX-1050.  The Marantz is hooked up to a small pair of Ushers, the Pioneer to a pair of Meadowlark Kestrels. 

The appeal for either is that they’re 40 years old, can still be repaired if need be, and just plain look cool.  
After trying a handful of new Hi-Fi receivers and speakers, I now own a restored Marantz 2275 and 1980s Klipsch Forte which I will never get rid. The audio repair guy that repaired my Marantz told me "even the new digital amps can not measure up to the sound of these old Marantz". They just sound that good!