What is the best USED Speaker Under $10,000

REAL WORLD PRICES

Considering AudiogoN prices - You can buy many fantastic used $20,000+ Speakers for under the magic $10,000 level.

This is really a different topic than previous questions in this forum.

I've bought Avalon Eidolons, Joseph Audio Pearls, Wilson Watt Puppy 6's and others for (slightly) under 10K

I would love to hear from other A'goners their opinions on what are the best you can do - for under 10K (Or even a "little bit more").

Thanks for sharing your opinions!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjprice
$10,000...I'd find a larger pair of Apogees... (the Fullrange comes to mind), in need of repair.

Send them to Bill Thalmann at (MUSIC TECHNOLOGY, INC.) for total ribbon rebuild...bah-da-bing, under $10,000 "world class speakers".

Something along this line: I love the new clear plastic wings on these.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/sogood51/Full-range_overview.jpg

Dave
Two of my favorites that can be found used for under $10K are the Legacy Whispers and the Thiel CS7.2.
Why buy used? Check out a new pair of VMPS 40's. It has won numerous shows for "best sound of"....It is $6900 new. 66" tall, easy load, effortless sound, expansive, articulate, accurate and pinpoint imaging.
Consider the $18000.00 Snell Type A Reference. Both Sterophile
Class A and Audio Critic said one of the best he's heard. I have a pair for $5500.00 Read up on them. Thanks. Joe
Magnepan 20.1s. At least that's what I would do if I could afford them at the approx. $7500-8k range used. The only problem is I would need a bigger listening room. Factoring in the new house I would need to buy with the bigger listening room brings the cost well over the 10k mark. Drat! Almost talked myself into believing I could afford them.