Y No YG ?

Hi Everyone, 

It just occurred to me that I never see YG Acoustics mentioned. With exotic cabinets and driver manufacturing, I would think they'd be discussed as often as Wilson, B&W or Magico. 

Personally I haven't heard them, but I like their brochures! 

Best,

E
erik_squires
I also liked the Carmel speakers at the 2017 Capital Audiofest.  I also heard them with Veloce preamp and Soulution amps at a much earlier audio show and liked them then too.  I generally prefer warmer sounding speakers, but, for a "modern" sound, these speakers are a lot more in line with my taste than competitor high-tech designs like Magico and Raidho speakers. They are very good at getting the timber of acoustic instruments right.   
Been living with carmel 2s for the past two years. As pointed out above, I agree they excel in resolution, acoustic timber, vocals, have nice width and are still able to pressurize my small/med room with my sub off. Not the warmest speaker for sure but I would say not icy either. I do have them paired with a REL B3 and they do make a good combo.  
I'm  on my third pair. Carmel to Kipod II signature to  Anat III Signature. I have upgraded the Anats to Sonja 1.2 internally.  There are alot of owners out there.  I won't  own anything but YG speakers after living with them. I have heard them sound amazing with alot of different gear. But the Audionet gear is special and perfect with the YG's imo.
soix
  Too much lab, not enough listening?  Kind of reminds me of Halcro in a way.

Soix hit the nail on the head--Both sound as if designed by and to be listened too by a Computer

--no Soul

Team212
All,

We're dealers for YG, and have been doing it for the past 3 years. I do agree that the usual YG buyer does not frequent forums.
But I call bullsh*t on the "no reviewer buys them" thing.
By 2015, there were at least 12 reviewers worldwide who had purchased the review pair. By now, there's probably a lot more.
http://www.yg-acoustics.com/category/reviews

I also call bullcr*p on the "no soul" argument. YGs are utterly transparent. You put soulless electronics with them, and they'll be soulless. Most people walk into a room at a show, dislike the sound, and blame the biggest thing in the room, usually the speakers. 
If anybody cares to look at the mentions of our rooms with YG at the last LAAS show (2017), you'll read nothing but praise. Be it with solid state (D'Agostino Progression) or all tubes (Audio Research). 
Besides, how many manufacturers gets a writeup like this:

"YG Acoustics Sonja XV stands as the finest and by far the most accomplished loudspeaker I have yet heard, and by no small margin at that."
Chris Martens, HiFi+, who's certainly been around and heard plenty of other speakers.

We welcome everybody to come to our store and listen to the Sonja 2.2, with solid state or tubes, digital or analog. 

cheers,
Alex