Greatest rhythm sections

The rhythm section in a jazz, blues or rock band provides the foundation and motive force for the entire ensemble. The truly great ones not only establish the band's sonic signature, they can generate new styles. Which rhythm sections do you think have been the most influential in their respective genres, and, or changed the way you listened to music? Please try to limit your selections to groups and not individual musicians as it the ensemble sound I'd like to get your comments on.
siliab
oblgny, and, Frisell plays in so many different musical settings/environments---hardcore Jazz, soundtracks, Americana, Country, Singer/Songwriter. He did an album with drummer Jim Keltner and bassist Viktor Krauss (Lyle Lovett) entitled Gone, Just Like A Train that is great, and has a new, all-instrumental album (Guitar In The Space Age!) that is really cool. Bill and Ry Cooder are probably my two favorite living guitarists. Such a shame that Danny Gatton committed suicide---he was a guitar genius.
Carly unfortunately died far too young and he and his brother, Aston, did not achieve the celebrity that Sly and Robbie achieved as band leaders and sidemen for acts like the Rolling Stones and others. Both “riddim” sections are deserving of accolades on their own account. I don’t think anyone is shunning the Barrett Bros. Just like the Funk Brothers more people know the sound than the musicians who created the Wailers distinctive sound. I had the opportunity to interview Sly for a documentary on Jamaican music I made. He’s a great guy and an amazing musical force. 
Early Santana
Mark Clarke & Jon Hiseman
Iain Clark + Osibisa´s percussionists on "Look at Yourself", 1971
Mike Rutherford & Phil Collins
Greg Lake & Carl Palmer
Chris Squire & William Bruford
John Wetton & William Bruford
John Wetton & Carl Palmer
Stanley Clarke & Lenny White
Rick Laird & Billy Cobham
Chris Glen & Ted McKenna
Geddy Lee & Neil Peart