Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
Talk to Dave at VinylNirvana.com -- he does amazing work with remanufactured, vintage Thorens turntables, some within your budget. However as others have pointed out, a phono stage is another matter. But check out the Audigon thread on the iPhono. I have no experience with it but the user comments were interesting.
What do do you think of the new Rega Planar 6? It’s getting great reviews.  I now have a 25 year old original Well Tempered Turntable with a Dynavector 10x5 cartridge.  I’m thinking of replacing it with the Rega and either moving the cartridge or buying a new Dynavector 20x (depending how my 10x needle looks When it’s examined). My other equipment: Audio Research amp, preamp and phono stage, Naim Unitiserve server, Aurilac Vega DAC, KEF Reference 5 speakers.  I don’t play records that much so I don’t want to spend a huge amount on a new turntable.  My dealer highly recommends the Rega Planar 6. 
Their are alot of great turntables out there.  They are not excellent or fantastic but great.  
I noticed Sonos is providing a turntable made by Pro-ject for their wireless systems. 
I use Sonos for ambient music around my house.  They provide an excellent product - their speaker designs are very good.  Everything I come across is positive about the Pro-ject line of turntable (cost effective).  Good luck and spend some time to find what you need.

jhv
I just got the Technics SL1210GR with a mofi MasterTracker....about $2300....absolutely love it.