Is a GREAT turntable under $2000 possible???

Howdy folks-

I’m really enjoying my current set up and return to 2.1 channel listening and Home Theater. Here’s what I’ve got:

-Mc402 Amp
-Anthem Mrx 520
-Oppo 103 Bdp with Scott Nixon tube dac
-Mac Mini with a Scott Nixon Usb tube dac
-Audience and Wireworld cables
-Tekton Electron speakers

I’d like to introduce vinyl to my evening listening pleasure. Any recommendations for a turntable (including arm, cartridge, etc) under $2000? Is this a reasonable figure? I have no clue when it comes to turntables so any advice given is surely appreciated.

Brent

128x128knollbrent
Very interesting everyone. Really enjoying the comments and researching the components and learning more about how the system runs. For my first trip into Vinyl I wanna keep it simple, most likely new and between $2000 to $3000. I know I'll need help setting it up and will look my friend for that, but new makes me feel more comfortable while the feet are wet. 

Technics SL 1200 Gr
PD-441 by Luxman
Marantz TT15s

The above are pretty nice and high on my radar. Phono pre, maybe a cartridge, nice sturdy block of something for it to sit on and it's gonna sound pretty good. 

Thanks again for chiming in and I look forward to sharing my results and hearing more suggestions. 

Brent

I just purchased the Technic SL 1200 GR from Jspan for $2100.
I'm thinking the Lehman black cube statement and the Orotfon Quintet Bronze Cartridge will pair nicely. 

All highly recommended.  The Technic has been around for a long time. Solid choice I believe

@avanti1960 
Congratulations!  I think you made a good choice with the Technics.

The goal of $2000 for a great table is difficult, presuming you actually adhere to the adjective great.  The Marantz is a nice enough product, presents a complete, tidy package, but great?  I can't go that far, its low-end lacks foundation and solidity.  The current lower priced Clearaudio offerings better it, but still don't come up to great  
Excellent table - but remember since you bought from Japan it’s likely a 100VAC unit so you will need a step down transformer. 

Readily available on places like Amazon for about $30 or so.

Good Listening 

Peter